Airphil Express Airlines  » Airlines  »
  • This was a quick experience, nothing special to note, just the regular flight without additional food and entertainment

• by asg

I was looking for a good cheap flight from Zamboanga to Manila from a recent vacation and I was really contemplating on which airline to book with. Eventually I was down to three: Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific Airlines, and Airphil Express airlines. Of the three, PAL had the most expensive fare, reaching up to Php5000+ per person. Cebu Pacific came next, and Airphil Express was the cheapest with only Php1500 per person. So I guess it just came down to booking with

Airphil Express then.

I was adamant to fly Airphil express, but I do know that this cheap or budget line of airlines is also owned by Philippine Airlines. I really feel unsafe when flying cheap because I honestly fear for the integrity of the planes and the incompetent crew. However since I did not have a choice then, I just booked online and just went on to try the flight anyway.

Booking is easy, as easy as searching for a flight with other airlines and paying through credit card. Each flight has a default 15kg of cargo weight allowed, which saves me from the madness of Cebu Pacific’s lame choose-your-own-cargo-weight with additional charges apart from the basic flight. So this was a breeze to do. Checking in is also a breeze, staff are trained well and are okay.

The plane is the usual A319-320 with somewhat leather seats; reminds me of the AirAsia planes, only cleaner. The staff was alright, but I guess there was nothing to ...

• Airphil Express Airlines
      do onboard since they don’t serve food. I just sat there for the next hour and 30minutes, waiting for the plane to land in Manila and get this flight over with. There is the usual message from the flight deck, information about the flight and destination etc was given. No TV or any form of entertainment, no newspapers served.

I felt like I rode the bus within the city. This was a quick experience, nothing special to note, just the regular flight without

additional food and entertainment. Well considering that this is a budget flight I guess I couldn’t complain, but I wished they did something to amuse passengers, like the gimmicks being done by the Cebu Pacific flight attendants where they would at least attempt sales from the customers, or have fun games to prevent customers from getting bored in flight. This is an OK flight, cheap, clean, regular, nothing special to note. Great for those travelers who are in a budget, like me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4023081523750931/k2311a0823/8.23.11