Rite Lite LPL775A Wireless Motion Activated LED Security Light  » Housewares  »
  • The problem with other lights is that the light cannot change direction
  • I am very impressed by this motion sensor
  • I think that this is a pretty useful feature, but I did not use it

• by MisterTickle

I got a couple of these security lights mainly to go switchless. I placed these lights throughout the house. I only placed them in places I don’t go to often such as the washrooms and the basement. I also placed these lights in the hallways and they act as night lights. They are very useful.

The concept of these lights are simple. It is a light combined with a motion sensor. However, this product comes with two lights and they can be adjusted to the direction you want

these lights to shine. There are two modes that come with this light. The lights can simply turn on when the motion sensor detects motion. However, it is also possible to insert an alarm so an alarm can also go off when the sensor detects motion. This product is also pretty cheap too at only $17.99.

I guess I can only review two features: the light and the sensor.

The light is decent. My only complaint is that it isn’t very bright. It is a fairly dim light. However, I find that it can run for a long time. This product runs on 6 AA batteries. It is possible to use rechargeable batteries, but I just used disposable batteries. I switch the batteries once a month. From this, new batteries can power this motion sensor light for one month or so. The lights can also change direction so I can shine it at two places at once. This is a great feature to have. The problem with other lights is that the light cannot change direction.

• Rite Lite LPL775A Wireless Motion Activated LED Security Light
      If I want to shine a light on a place where the sensor cannot be placed, I can do that with this product. This isn’t possible with any other type of motion light sensor.

The sensor is very sensitive. It can detect the slightest motions. I am very impressed by this motion sensor. It is very sensitive. The only problem with the sensor is that it is very small. This means that it only covers a small area. The light will only turn on if I move directly

in front of the sensor. If I am off to the side, the light doesn’t turn on as the sensor cannot detect the motion.

That alarm noise is loud. The only problem with the alarm is that it drains the battery. The alarm would be useful to prevent break-ins and intruders. I can place this motion sensor light at a window with alarm on and it will go off if someone goes near the window. I think that this is a pretty useful feature, but I did not use it.

kim says :

re : I think that this is a pretty useful feature, but I did not use it
The lights are very bright and I love how I don’t have to worry when i take my dogs out anymore. The motion sensor works fine and is not too sensitive and the lights turn off at a good time when the motion is gone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323081523720931/k2311a0823/8.23.11