Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect Home Phone Service  » Other  »
  • It has several features including unlimited nationwide calling so I was a bit impressed at the fact that I was able to get so much for such a low price
  • It's a bit different compared to other home phone services but I enjoy using it
  • One thing that I really love about it is although it's considered to be a home phone I'm able to carry it with me almost anywhere
  • I have really good Verizon Wireless coverage in my area and that's why I believe it works so well
  • The main reason why I decided to purchase this was because I don't currently have phone lines installed in my house and I have to say that this has been a great alternative

• by Jules

This has a really nice concept and it works very well. It’s also a lot cheaper than most others. I purchased the unlimited plan for 20 dollars per month. It has several features including unlimited nationwide calling so I was a bit impressed at the fact that I was able to get so much for such a low price.

It’s a bit different compared to other home phone services but I enjoy using it. Instead of actually having to plug it into a phone socket it comes with a device that wirelessly connects to verizon and then it has ports to plug the phone into. Altogether I have to say that I have been very satisfied with the performance that I have received with it. When I first received it I didn’t have to set up anything. All I had to do was plug my phone in and dial a star code and it instantly started working.

One thing that I

really love about it is although it’s considered to be a home phone I’m able to carry it with me almost anywhere. When I’m carrying it around of course I have to carry both the actual phone that I’m using and the base station. The base station is 2.5 inches wide and 4 inches long. It’s very light weight when handling and carrying it. The signal picks up well even when I’m driving around with it in my car. I have really good Verizon Wireless coverage in my area and that’s why I believe it works so well. The phone base has an antenna with it so it can be virtually used as a cell phone. The base that it comes with is a Huawai FT2260VW. The outer side of the phone plastics on the base station has a clear like coating on it. It’s very durable and it’s still in top shape although I’ve had it for a ...

• few months. It resists scratches and scuff marks fairly well.

When speaking on it the sound quality is usually great but at times you can hear a bit of static but this very rarely happens. I usually hear some static in it when it doesn’t have a really good signal strength. The signal indicators are located at the front and whenever it’s below two signal bars the quality of the sound is a bit distorted. Another issue that I have noticed after using it is that every once in a while it has to be restarted because it tends to lose the signal. I usually power it off and back on every day to make sure it keeps the signal because I’ve noticed at times when it will just stop working completely.

The base station has a total of two phone jacks on it. I believe that there should have been added to it. One tip that I would make sure that

you are aware of before purchasing this is that it doesn’t work with a fax machine. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that my fax machine wasn’t working with it so I contacted Verizon and I was told that it was compatible.

When I first took it out of the box it came with the battery, the base station and the charger. Since I have been using it I have noticed that the battery life has started to decrease a bit. According to the specs the battery is supposed to last up to 2.5 hours during talk time but I usually only get about 1.5 hours out of it.

The main reason why I decided to purchase this was because I don’t currently have phone lines installed in my house and I have to say that this has been a great alternative. I have been using it regularly for three months now and I have not had any problems. It’s highly recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1223081523580831/k2311a0823/8.23.11