Banana Boat Aloe Vera Sun Burn Relief Gel, 16 oz.  » Health  »
2.5
  • I am photosensitive, so I try and avoid the sun at all costs, but sometimes it is impossible and I will burn badly after only 10 minutes or so in the sun
  • I've tried various after burn care products, and found a few I like and some that I dislike
  • Heading to the local Target, I bought a bottle for around $5
  • It has a convenient squeeze cap, so I can just flip the lid and squirt all I need into my palm, eliminating a lot of mess and fumbling once I get the greasy-feeling product on my hands
  • There are better after-burn care products out there, so I wouldn't recommend this one, even though I am on the fence with it

• by WendyBird

I am photosensitive, so I try and avoid the sun at all costs, but sometimes it is impossible and I will burn badly after only 10 minutes or so in the sun. I’ve tried various after burn care products, and found a few I like and some that I dislike. One that sort of rests in the middle for me is Banana Boat Aloe Vera Sun Burn Relief Gel in a 16 ounce bottle. The first time I tried it

was at the beach, where despite having a canopy and a UV-proof umbrella, I caught too much sun while letting my daughter play out in the sand. Heading to the local Target, I bought a bottle for around $5.

It’s a clear bottle and the product is a gel which has a green color like an aloe vera plant. It has a convenient squeeze cap, so I can just flip the lid and squirt all I need into my palm, eliminating a lot of mess and fumbling once I get the greasy-feeling product on my hands.

What I like about this gel is that it isn’t sticky feeling, like some of the other I have used. It also goes on feeling a little greasy at first, but then dries quickly as it absorbs into the skin. It also doesn’t have an alcohol smell, despite having a lot of alcohol in it. But, that it part of the reason I do not like this ...

• Banana Boat Aloe Vera Sun Burn Relief Gel, 16 oz.
      product: the alcohol. If I have a bad burn, this product hurts more than it helps. It might be helping in a medical sense, but physically, it burns and doesn’t soothe at all. I also find that it dries out my skin quickly and easily and I end up having to use a moisturizer on top of this product.

With a normal burn, it isn’t so bad because the aloe in it actually makes my hot and burning skin feel a

cooling sensation and I feel great relief. Of course, this only lasts about 10 minutes before the heat has returned and I need to use it again. It’s not as effective as others out there, but at the same time, it’s much better than Solarcaine’s version of this product (which surprised me, frankly, because the spray works great). There are better after-burn care products out there, so I wouldn’t recommend this one, even though I am on the fence with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422081523430531/k2311a0822/8.22.11