Purell Instant Hand Sanitizer with Aloe, 8 ounce pump  » Health  »
  • I like this one because a lot of hand sanitizers will dry out my hands because of the alcohol in them, but this one has aloe infused in it, so it is actually gentler on my hands, and that combined with the added Vitamin E actually smooths my hands rather than drying them out
  • It's just, when a kid comes by coughing and looking miserable, I try to avoid catching it, or passing it to the other children

• by WendyBird

I buy a lot of hand sanitizer because I have kids coming in and out of my house constantly throughout the year and there have been many of times where one of them has the sniffles or some kind of bug to pass around. I always get on the kids to use sanitizer before and after playing with toys such as Legos, or any other toy that is communal, where everyone will be digging in and using them at once. Purell Instant Hand Sanitizer with Aloe is usually what I buy, in 8 ounce pump bottles.

I like this one because a lot of hand sanitizers

will dry out my hands because of the alcohol in them, but this one has aloe infused in it, so it is actually gentler on my hands, and that combined with the added Vitamin E actually smooths my hands rather than drying them out. It comes in a clear bottle so I can see how much product is in it at all times, and it is sort of a green color, but almost watery-like. It comes out feeling like greasy gel, but it rubs in fast and easily and giving the air a few swipes with my open palms dries it quickly so I don’t ...

• feel like my hands are wet.

It is pretty effective at germ killing, vanquishing 99.9% of the common germs that make us sick, when used. I cannot stand germs, though I am not a compulsive sanitizer user, feeling that it is better to be exposed to some germs. It’s just, when a kid comes by coughing and looking miserable, I try to avoid catching it, or passing it to the other children. So, something like this is handy and much less messy than using soap and water (which is probably better to use).

It comes out of the pump bottle easily and only a squirt is

needed, especially with small hands. It has a strong alcohol scent, but I find the aroma pleasing because it reminds me of “clean”. For me, it’s the same as smelling fresh laundered clothing, or a freshly scrubbed bathroom….just, “clean”. But, some of the kids are not too fond of the scent of this. I don’t have too many children who catch bugs from the others when playing together in my home, so maybe it works in that way. I do use sanitizing spray as well, but this certainly helps a lot. I would recommend it for every home. It’s inexpensive and effective.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422081523420531/k2311a0822/8.22.11