Now Foods Natural Berry Full Conditioner 16 oz  » Health  »
  • Since Now Foods is a brand I have a lot of experience with, I decided to try one of theirs
  • It smells nice, but not like I thought it would
  • I found that I needed to use the conditioner that came with the box of color instead
  • I think this is a good option for someone who has normal, thin hair and is looking for a product whose ingredients are more natural and don’t use unwanted chemicals

• by reviewabit

When I switched over to using mostly sulfate free shampoos, I also wanted to use natural conditioners. Since Now Foods is a brand I have a lot of experience with, I decided to try one of theirs. The scent of berries sounded appealing, and the ingredients looked great– plus I had heard that this was a nice conditioner for thinning hair as it did not weigh the hair down. My hair is thinning in the front, and if I use heavy conditioners, it just falls flat and looks even thinner. This seemed to be a product meant to condition lightly, yet nourish the hair.

It is free of parabens, and has some certified organic ingredients. The ingredients list is full of natural substances that are good for the hair

and scalp, like aloe vera leaf gel, glycerine, coconut oil, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil, wheat protein, herbal extracts of licorice, calendula, nettle, horsetail, chamomile, lavender and sage. It also has vitamin E, algae, vitamin D 12, D 2, biotin, niacin, vitamin A, and C.

When I opened the bottle, I was surprised that it did not really have the fresh berry sort of scent I expected, based on the name. It smells nice, but not like I thought it would. The texture of it felt very light on my fingers. After washing my hair with a gentle, non sulfate shampoo, I put a generous amount of the product in and left it for a minute or so. When I rinsed it out, it left my hair ...

• feeling a little softer, but not as much as I generally expect from a conditioner. That said, when my hair was dry, it did look very healthy. It gave my hair plenty of volume and did not weigh it down at all. I was pleased with the outcome. Although this is not a conditioner that works well for extremely dry hair, it works for normal to somewhat-dry thinning hair.

When I next colored my hair, I went to use the conditioner a couple of days later (the first time shampooing since the coloring job.) I found that I needed to use the conditioner that came with the box of color instead. This one is very light, and it does not handle tangles, dryness, or damage from color or

other product well. When my hair is at its normal state, a couple of weeks after coloring, then the product works fine. I just have to be aware that it is not the option for when my hair feels dry. I mostly use it in the summer, when a light conditioning is all I need. I think this is a good option for someone who has normal, thin hair and is looking for a product whose ingredients are more natural and don’t use unwanted chemicals. While the smell is nice, it is not one of my favorites. I use it now for a light conditioner or just a “rinse-through” when I don’t want to use shampoo. It works fairly well to do a light cleansing without taking away much of the volume.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422081523190431/k2311a0822/8.22.11