Aubrey Organics Treat Em’ Right Lip Balm, Raspberry .15 oz  » Health  »
  • I go through them pretty quickly, but I have the softest lips I know
  • I found myself reapplying it often, not because I wanted more flavor, which was the usual reason I got obsessive about applying lip balm, but because my lips were feeling dry too soon
  • I suppose if it were not for the odd taste, I would give it the highest rating– but the slight bitterness was not a feature I was happy about

• by reviewabit

When I recently ran out of my favorite honey flavored lip balm, I wanted something that satisfied my sweets craving as well as it did. When I was looking in the store, I came across the Aubrey Organics lip balms. I have used their products before and liked them, but I hadn’t tried the lip balm. I looked at the ingredients and liked what I saw. I chose the brightly colored tube that had first caught my eye– it was raspberry flavored, and suddenly that sounded like the most perfect lip balm flavor in the world. (I think the fact that I had just smelled a raspberry tart in the bakery added to this feeling.)

The Aurbrey Formula has a good basic foundation. It has beeswax, coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba seed oil, hemp oil, and vitamin E.

Although I would have also liked to see cocoa and shea butters in there, or maybe avocado oil, it looked like a good lineup anyway.

When I got home, I opened the tube and placed it on my desk, where I had been over-using my honey lip balm for the last couple of weeks. I go through them pretty quickly, but I have the softest lips I know. The raspberry flavor was light and fresh, but did seem more like an artificial flavor than a natural one. I liked it anyway, and it did fulfill the sweets-craving purpose I had bought it for. When I had used it for a couple of days, I felt it was enough time to make an assessment of its efficacy. It seemed to be very smooth and light when it went ...

• on, but did not seem to stay around long enough. I found myself reapplying it often, not because I wanted more flavor, which was the usual reason I got obsessive about applying lip balm, but because my lips were feeling dry too soon.

Another thing I noticed was the taste. I try not to lick my lips when wearing balm, because that defeats the purpose. When I accidentally do, I don’t expect it to taste weird. This balm had a slightly bitter and odd taste. It was not unbearable, but I would not want to kiss somebody wearing this and worry that they tasted the bitterness.

The real test came when I actually got chapped lips. It is a frequent occurrence that when I eat a lot of salty snacks, I get chapped and irritated lips. I got a

good case of sore dry lips from some salted popcorn, and the raspberry balm was put to the test. The first time I applied it, it stung slightly, but this is not unusual when I have irritated lips. I put on as much as I could get on– but within an hour, I needed to reapply as my lips were completely dried out. The chapped lips soaked up the balm like crazy, which also was not unexpected. Within a couple of days, I admit, it seems to have done as good of a job healing them up as any other balm would have. So, the product is exonerated. It works fine. I suppose if it were not for the odd taste, I would give it the highest rating– but the slight bitterness was not a feature I was happy about.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422081523120431/k2311a0822/8.22.11