Now Foods Solutions Cocoa Butter with Jojoba Oil 6.5 oz
  • I love to make my own body butters, bath salts, and other products
  • The next time I bought cocoa butter, I looked for something that was a mixed product
  • I found the Now Foods cocoa butter with jojoba oil, and decided this would be the one I tried
  • I would definitely recommend this as a great moisturizer for anyone who doesn’t mind the fact that it is a solid do-it-yourself kind of product, and that it smells like chocolate

• by reviewabit

I love to make my own body butters, bath salts, and other products. I have used cocoa butter many times in my own formulas, and although once blended it is fine, it can be difficult to work with as a solid. When I was reading some messages on a forum for people that made bath and body products, it was suggested that I use a cocoa butter that was mixed with other ingredients. It was said that it is easier to get it out of the container without having to melt the whole jar every time. The next time I bought cocoa butter, I looked for something that was a mixed product. I didn’t want too many other ingredients in it, because I wanted to be able to customize everything.

I

found the Now Foods cocoa butter with jojoba oil, and decided this would be the one I tried. I have used many of the products made by Now Foods, and have been pretty pleased with them over all. When the butter came in, I opened it and took a look. As expected, it was solid. I scooped up a little, using my fingernail, and found that it was a much more manageable texture than cocoa butter alone. Since jojoba oil is such an excellent oil for the skin (It is very similar to the constitution of our own body’s oils and sebum) I knew that the jojoba was something I would not mind being included in any recipe where I was going to use the cocoa butter.

Like all pure cocoa butter,

• this solid cream smells like chocolate. The jojoba doesn’t have much of a scent, so it blends nicely without altering the chocolate smell. I melted down a bit of the butter and used it in a lotion bar and also some bath salt mix. It performed perfectly. The only problem was scenting it. The chocolate smell was a little overbearing and it was hard to find oils that would tame it down without it smelling weird. I finally decided to give up and just go with the theme. I surrendered to the chocolate-ness by adding oils like vanilla, strawberry, raspberry, mint, or orange– all scents that work well with chocolate.

I made some cupcake shaped solid lotions for friends at Christmas with these chocolate based scents, and they were a huge hit.

As for the effectiveness of the product, it is awesome. If you have never used real, solid butters, it is one of those things you should try if you get the chance. If you scrape off just a little, and let it melt by rubbing it between your hands, it will cute just about any dry skin problems you might have. It can also be used in the scalp for dry hair and scalp. It is a gentle, all purpose moisturizer that can even help diminish scars and stretch marks. Cocoa butter is often recommended for pregnant women to prevent stretch marks.

I would definitely recommend this as a great moisturizer for anyone who doesn’t mind the fact that it is a solid do-it-yourself kind of product, and that it smells like chocolate.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422081523060431/k2311a0822/8.22.11