Burt’s Bees Lip Balm  » Cosmetics  »
  • I thought to myself these are great ingredients
  • Upon my first time using it, I was a little disappointed
  • I am not sure what the problem here is by the fact that it does not glide was a little put off
  • Out of all of them I've tried I do like this one the best and it does last longer

• by Kemba Brown

I was standing in the check out lane in Walmart when I was looking over the lip balms while I waited for my turn. The woman behind me said she always uses Burt’s Bees lip balm. She said her lips are always very dry and this works immediately on contact. This sounded great to me since, at the time, I was a very heavy smoker and my lips, even now after having quit smoking, are chronically dry.

I decided to check it out. I was already familiar with Burt’s Bees being a natural product. That was a good selling point right there. I looked over the ingredients

and liked what I saw. Burt’s Bees lip balm contains beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, vitamin e, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil and canola oil. I thought to myself these are great ingredients. I especially liked the fact that coconut is second on the lip. Coconut has many, many healing properties and is extremely good for the body. I thought the coconut oil should really put it over the top.

The price tag is a little steep for lip balm at $3. Then again you always for natural products. Junk always costs less. Also, having paid the $3 I was really expecting to ...

• be blown away by this lip balm. Upon my first time using it, I was a little disappointed. It doesn’t glide on like other lip balms. Perhaps there is too much beeswax in it. I don’t know. Maybe the atmosphere was too cool for the coconut oil which solidifies below 76 degrees. I am not sure what the problem here is by the fact that it does not glide was a little put off.

As far as it actually working, it does moisturize well. My lips are so dry that it drinks it up in no time. However, I did not find myself having to reapply quite

as often as I have had to with other lip balms. I guess I was expecting more a $3 lip balm and more from Burt’s Bees. It isn’t a total disappointed but it definitely could be better. I do like the peppermint oil in there. You can feel the tingle but it is very subtle. Nothing to worry about if you’re thinking it’s going to burn. It doesn’t. There’s just a slight tingle. It actually feels good. At least, to me it does. I will continue to buy this lip balm. Out of all of them I’ve tried I do like this one the best and it does last longer.

Burt's Bees Lip Balm

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119081522680831/k2311a0819/8.19.11