Angelica’s Bakery Lemon Cake  » Food  »
  • Though, I'm not crazy about lemon flavored food items, this cake actually turned out to be the best
  • However, I have noticed the level of sweetness fluctuates from slice to slice that I've had

• by Kemba Brown

After seeing another one of her other cakes, I wanted to try this one. Though, I’m not crazy about lemon flavored food items, this cake actually turned out to be the best. The frosting can be a little sweet for some but for me it was just fine. However, I have noticed the level of sweetness fluctuates from slice to slice that I’ve had. Maybe I’ve had so many, I’ve somehow become immune. Nevertheless, I enjoy it still. The cake is always moist. To me it is better eaten at temperature than after it has been

in the fridge. While it’s still good when it’s cold, the frosting is tastier when it’s not cold.

I buy this cake at Walgreens but I’ve also seen it at the local grocery store. The actual bakery is located at 17535 S. Kedzie Hazel Crest, Chicago, IL 60429. There’s really nothing bad I can say about this Lemon Cake, except to say, I wish I could get a whole cake because the single serving goes too fast. There are, however, half of a whole cake available at the Market Fresh grocery store on Chicago Ave ...

• in Chicago, IL. You can get the half cake for $7.99. I also like that the ingredients in the cake are written right on the package and they are all natural. The ingredients are flour, sugar, powdered sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, lemon flavor, milk, butter and lemon. As you can see, there is nothing artificial in here. In fact, you might even be tempted to try to make it yourself. However, I would think there would have to be some secret ingredient or method involved here. It is very, very tasty. I usually try to eat
        half and save the other half for later but it’s like a chip: can’t eat just one bite.

There are other flavors like caramel, cream cheese and coconut but the lemon is my favorite. I have tried the caramel and the cream cheese but I keep going back to the lemon. I would not mix it with ice cream either. I guess if the ice cream is jut vanilla flavored it would be fine. I can’t remember the last time I tasted a cake this good and don’t want to ruin the taste on my palate.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719081522550831/k2311a0819/8.19.11