Benefit - Confessions of a Concealaholic Kit  » Cosmetics  »
  • Well, I decided to give Benefit a chance and purchased Confessions of a Concealaholic, and I must say it is the best decision I have ever made
  • I am kind of in between so I like to mix the two together
  • Although the price of 36 dollars is little high for a sample kit, it was well worth it considering how little you have to use and the quality of the makeup, in my opinion
  • I certainly recommend this product to anyone with dark circles and blemishes

• by xdarcyx

I have been through so many different brands of concealers, and pretty much all of them were either average or lower when it came to covering up my olive skin. I came across this wonder kit when I was searching for my next concealer, thinking at first that it might be a waste of my $36. Well, I decided to give Benefit a chance and purchased Confessions of a Concealaholic, and I must say it is the best decision I have ever made!

Confessions of a Concealaholic is small, pink, diary-like box that contains sample sizes of the following: “that gal” brightening face primer, Erase paste, Lemon-aid, Eye Bright, and two double sided concealer brushes. Inside the “diary” is a step by step guide to using the makeup, leaving you with bright eyes and an almost flawless face! Not to mention there is also a small mirror on the side to use when you’re on the go.

“That Gal” comes in a .25 ounce tube. While the size may seem disappointing, a little bit of this

pink brightening primer goes a long way! It can be used as a primer under the makeup, leaving a pinkish glow, or it can be used over the makeup to make the glow more noticeable. This primer does not conceal or tighten large pores, so do not expect it to do so. Overall, though, it is a great little primer!

The next little camouflage for under the eyes is called Erase Paste. This under eye concealer/ brightener is .11 ounces of awesome. It comes in shade No. 2 for medium complexions, so it is not for people with lighter skin. Just add little bit under the eyes for great coverage of dark circles and any other discolorations, and those eyes will look a lot brighter and more even. Remember that with Erase Paste, a little covers a lot so don’t use too much! It lasts the whole day, and doesn’t come off. My eyes looked a lot better after using this.

Now we have probably the best concealer of I have ever used: Boi-ing industrial strength ...

• concealer! It comes in two shades: No. 1 Light for fair complexions and No. 2 Medium for medium complexions. I am kind of in between so I like to mix the two together. These two are both .04 ounces, but you don’t need a lot to cover those blemishes. This concealer is great for covering red and dark spots, and it does not wear off fast. This lasts almost all day, I use it every day to cover blemishes!

Next is the pale yellow color correcting primer, Lemon-Aid. This is a .03 ounce eyelid primer that conceals discoloration caused by capillaries, and it does a great job at it too! It’s also really good at brightening, so I like to apply it on the brow bone on the top corner of my eyes. The concealing is great and lasts all day along with the other products.

Lastly, there is the .03 ounce eye brightener called Eye Bright. This is a pale pink brightener that is used in the corner of the eyes, and it is supposed

to brighten these corners. While the rest of the kit worked perfectly, I’d rate Eye Bright just a little bit below average. It did not do much brightening, not as much as the Lemon-Aid, and shows little results. I don’t use it as much as I use the rest of the kit because it’s basically useless.

All the little wonders in this kit (except for “that gal”) each have their own designated side out of the two mini double-sided concealer brushes. The brushes work perfectly with Boi-ing and Lemon-Aid, but Erase paste and Eye Bright are better applied with the fingers.

Using all the products in Confessions of a Concealaholic, I have to say my face has never looked better. My face was left with an excellent, flawless, all day coverage. Although the price of 36 dollars is little high for a sample kit, it was well worth it considering how little you have to use and the quality of the makeup, in my opinion. I certainly recommend this product to anyone with dark circles and blemishes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118081522470331/k2311a0818/8.18.11