Maxwell - Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite (album)  » Music  »
  • I remember when I went into the music store a while back, the manager in the store recommended that I should try it, so I decided to give it a try
  • The album was just so amazing that I encouraged my friends and boy friend at that time to buy it
  • My most favorite songs on the album and the ones I recommend are
  • These four songs are the best to me and to my friends
  • I believe that no one who by this album will have any regrets

• by Shaughnessy

Maxwell’s first 1996 album “Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite”, is one of my most favorite albums ever. The album exemplifies Maxwell’s soulful and unique voice. I remember when I went into the music store a while back, the manager in the store recommended that I should try it, so I decided to give it a try.

I decided to give it a try because I am a huge fan of soul and R&B music. When I first played the whole album, there was no song that I did not like.

Every song was

magical and so unique. The album was just so amazing that I encouraged my friends and boy friend at that time to buy it.

I didn’t want to give them my tape to borrow because the album was so great, I was afraid that they would not return it. Just like me, my friends and my boy friend loved it.

My most favorite songs on the album and the ones I recommend are:” The Urban Theme”, “Reunion”, “Welcome”, and “…Til The Cops Come Knockin’”. These four songs are the ...

• best to me and to my friends.

They are very romantic and sexy. “Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite” is a wonderful album to play when you are trying to get close to your lover or when you want to sing something in your car.

The tunes on this album are very reminiscent of great vocalists like Marvin Gaye and even Prince. Maxwell did an amazing job on his freshman album and it may have been released in 1996 but it is still a wonderful album that continues to play in my apartment and

car.

Since this album is so magnificent I recommend soul-album lovers, if they have not already, to buy this album. I believe that no one who by this album will have any regrets.

It is that amazing!

“Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite” is one of the greatest albums of the 1990s and is Maxwell’s greatest albums to date. All of the songs represent love, friendship, and especially marriage.

It is has a mature and elegant sound. The album is truly one of the best neo-soul movements that occured in the 90s.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1418081522460331/k2311a0818/8.18.11