Merry Hempsters Organic Hemp Lip Balm Lemon-Lime .14 oz
  • I think the “Merry Hempsters” picked the perfect name for their company
  • Since I have used a few of their other products and liked them, I decided to try their lip balm
  • I like the natural formulas best, and I try to avoid the ones made with petrolatum and mineral oil products, because I think natural butters and oils are far superior
  • As far as I know, this brand is the only lip balm formulas that contain hemp oil
  • I have a problem with my lips getting very sore if I eat a lot of salty snacks at once, like popcorn or chips

• by reviewabit

I think the “Merry Hempsters” picked the perfect name for their company. Since I have used a few of their other products and liked them, I decided to try their lip balm. I am a bit of a lip balm addict, keeping several tubes near places where I tend to be for long periods– like my car, computer desk and kitchen. I am never without the stuff. I like the natural formulas best, and I try to avoid the ones made with petrolatum and mineral oil products, because I think natural butters and oils are far superior. I can tell a difference since I stopped using the mainstream brands like Chapstick and went for more natural products. Not only are they better for my lips, they are

better for my general health because I am not exposing myself to as many chemicals. Also, in many cases, the companies that make natural products are more eco-friendly, so I am doing something good for the Earth too.

As far as I know, this brand is the only lip balm formulas that contain hemp oil. The hemp oil, which comes from the cannabis plant, does not contain the psychoactive compounds that are associated with the recreational use of cannabis, so you don’t have to worry about getting high on the lip balm– it is perfectly safe and legal. The ingredients are hemp seed oil (Canadian, certified organic) organic beeswax, calendula extract, canola oil, organic sunflower and olive oils, essential oils of lemon and lime, rosemary extract and ...

• vitamin E.

The balm glides on smoothly, and feels soothing and soft. It is not overly waxy or stiff. The lemon lime fragrance is very light and fresh, and makes a perfect summer balm. I bought the product without the sun screen, since I already have quite a few with sun screen and needed some for the indoors, but both are available. I found that I did not have to apply this balm as often as some others. I think the beeswax gives it just enough staying power that it sticks around well, and only if I eat or drink something does any of it seem to rub off. I’ve been told it is quite “kissable.”

The vitamin E and calendula are very healthy for the lips, and

they will help to keep them soft and regenerate the skin. Both of these ingredients can help to reduce inflammation associated with chapped or irritated lips. I have used this product when I had very chapped lips, due to cold weather and indoor heating that dried the air a lot. It works very well for healing the skin, and it only took a few days of applying it to bring my lips back to normal. They also work well for salt. I have a problem with my lips getting very sore if I eat a lot of salty snacks at once, like popcorn or chips. I shouldn’t be doing it anyway, but if I do, I apply the lip balm beforehand and it protects my lips from the salt-soreness.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417081522300631/k2311a0817/8.17.11