Dell Inspiron 15 (N5040)
2.5
  • I do not know why I bought this product maybe because of the discount on the printer
  • I am able to play games seamlessly and I love the huge screen, I dislike the aesthetics of the Dell Inspiron 15 (N5040) laptop
  • I would probably recommend the Dell Inspiron 15 (N5040) laptop for people who are not on the move a lot because the battery life is not that good if you like to run several applications at once

• by jael100

I hate the Dell Inspiron 15 (N5040) laptop! I hate how fingerprints always stain the screen and the cover. The mouse malfunctions quite a lot and the keyboard is laid out quite awkwardly.

I do not know why I bought this product maybe because of the discount on the printer.

Although, the computer is actually quite functional: I am able to play games seamlessly and I love the huge screen, I dislike

the aesthetics of the Dell Inspiron 15 (N5040) laptop.

I have always had laptops that were fourteen inches or less so when I bought this on which is fifteen inches and some I was quite shocked about how long it was.

Even though the laptop is light as I am able to carry it around with me around my campus from the library to the coffee shop, it is a hassle to ...

• carry it around in my backpack.

I would probably recommend the Dell Inspiron 15 (N5040) laptop for people who are not on the move a lot because the battery life is not that good if you like to run several applications at once.

Forget about playing a video while checking your email and having a word processor open.

Always carry the charger around!

As a student, this is not the ideal laptop

for me, but for people who work in an office this would be perfect.

The laptop is relatively inexpensive and additionally if purchased from the Dell Website there is a printer at a much discounted price.

Ultimately, I was dissatisfied with the Dell Inspiron 15 (N5040) laptop, but under different circumstances I probably would love it.

Just to reinforce my opinion: the Dell Inspiron 15 (N5040)laptop is not for people who are away from home a lot.

Alex says :

Insightful article. I think that you present a very valid point in regards to battery life, which seems to be your chief complaint. On a college campus I have found my Inspiron 15 to come in very useful, although I do wish I could go back in time now and just buy a Mac. Overall, I liked this laptop and thought that it was a decent value for the money. It has held up pretty well. Thanks for the post, you presented a valid argument against the Inspiron.

Joshua Mitchell says :

The laptop isn’t bad, per se, you just need to get a custom, high-capacity battery. I have this very laptop and it has served me well for years. :)

Violetta says :

Were there other things that you disliked about this computer besides the way that the screen smudges?

JR John says :

I am writing this on the very same computer. I like it, though the keyboard sensitivity is probably not as high as I would like, and after sometime the display begins to become more and more choppy.

MZtech says :

It can’t cope with multi-tasking, gpu capacity is only average, and speaker sounds are very low. I had to use third party application just to boost its volume or had to go to a close and quiet room to be able to hear it clearly.

Jaker says :

All Dell keyboards are rubbish…demand you buy your own they deduct the price of theirs off the sale price. I repeat Dell Keyboards are dangerous to ones health. Avoid at all Times

Aine says :

This will help other people stay away from these types of expensive laptops Not only expensive, but it’s a piece of crap too. I had one, and I swear, I won’t recommend one of these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6317081522050531/k2311a0817/8.17.11