Opus One Women’s Supervites Multivitamin/mineral supplement  » Health  »
  • I like to take a multi vitamin that has high levels of vitamins and minerals as well as “extras” like green whole foods, enzymes, and herbal products as well
  • The one problem with the supplement that I had was one that I should have seen coming, but didn’t look
  • Since I had already opened the bottle by the time I noticed it, I decided to be brave and try to take them anyway
  • I would still recommend these, as they have tons of great stuff in them, but only if you are not sensitive to iron

• by reviewabit

I like to take a multi vitamin that has high levels of vitamins and minerals as well as “extras” like green whole foods, enzymes, and herbal products as well. I have tried several brands, and Opus One’s Women’s formula caught my attention, since it was the only one (at the time) I had seen made with all of these things and specifically made for women.

The ninety count bottle lasts for about a month and a half, since you have to take two a day. There are over fifty nutrients and natural substances in the formula, covering a wide spectrum of support for the immune system, heart, nervous system and everything else imaginable. It is recommended that you take this formula with food, which I always do with a vitamin anyway.

The product warns that if you have symptoms like stomach pain, headache, rash, tiredness or dizziness, to report them to your doctor. This is not something I usually see on a supplement, but it is an understandable warning, as high levels of some nutrients can have side effects.

The one problem with the supplement that I had was one that I should have seen coming, but didn’t look. While looking over the formula and thinking it looked just like the others I had used but with a few extras added for women specifically, I completely overlooked the 18 mg of iron it contained. I don’t tolerate iron well. It makes me nauseous, and this was a potent enough dose to cause some serious problems. I don’t know why I did not think to ...

• look for it, because a lot of women need extra iron so it is a perfectly logical thing to include in a women’s formula. Call it one of my “duh” moments. Since I had already opened the bottle by the time I noticed it, I decided to be brave and try to take them anyway.

I took the first dose with a full morning meal, but I chose a day when I did not have anywhere to go– and this was a wise decision. I was turning green within an hour of taking the pills. I managed to keep them down, but not without a lot of will power and complete immobility on the couch for two hours.

The next day I decided to see if I would build up a bit of tolerance

to them over time, so for the next week, I forced myself to take them and see what happened. The effects did lessen slightly, but not enough that I could function normally. My next try was to take one pill instead of the two. This helped somewhat, so I was able to finish the bottle this way. Even the lower dose was enough to make me a little queasy.

This is a great vitamin, if you can stomach the iron. Once I used the bottle up, I went to a similar type of product that did not include iron. I don’t blame the product– just my own lack of thought. I would still recommend these, as they have tons of great stuff in them, but only if you are not sensitive to iron.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416081521651231/k2311a0816/8.16.11