Transformers: Dark of the Moon (3D)  » Movies  »
  • It impressed me right away, literally within the first minute or two
  • However, I was disappointed that Patrick Dempsey played a villain
  • I believe this movie has just the right combination of action, drama, comedy and romance
  • I think that's why the Transformer movies have been so successful
  • I would recommend seeing it, even if you haven't seen the first 2 movies

• by RamonaM

I loved Transformers: Dark of the Moon! I thought it should be pretty cool in 3D. I was right! It impressed me right away, literally within the first minute or two. Then it kept getting better throughout the movie.

I wasn’t sure how I would like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for the role of Sam’s girlfriend. At first I didn’t like her character, Carly. But as the movie progressed I really liked her. I hope she will stick around for the next Transformers movie.

With the exception of Megan Fox not returning, all of

my favorite characters were back for this movie. Sam’s parents didn’t have as big of a role as in Revenge of the Fallen, but they were as funny as ever. I was pleased to see that Tyrese Gibson had a bigger role this time around. However, I was disappointed that Patrick Dempsey played a villain! He did a convincing job! And I can’t forget Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and the rest of the Autobots. There was a very touching scene between Sam and Bumblebee, my favorite Autobot.

I believe this movie has just ...

• the right combination of action, drama, comedy and romance. I think that’s why the Transformer movies have been so successful. They aren’t too “mushy” for guys, but soft enough for us girls! I was not a fan of the Transformers comics, really didn’t know much about them. I loved Revenge of the Fallen when it came out in 2009 and now own it and the first Transformers movie on DVD. I cannot wait for Dark of the Moon to come out on DVD so I can buy it. Revenge of the Fallen
        is still my favorite of the Transformers series (so far,) but Dark of the Moon is right behind it!

I was a little disappointed with the soundtrack. I liked the one for Revenge of the Fallen better. This one has some good songs on the CD, but I didn’t notice them throughout the movie very much.

Overall, though, I think this was a great movie, well worth paying extra for the 3D glasses. I would recommend seeing it, even if you haven’t seen the first 2 movies. I bet you’ll get hooked, like I am!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1116081521491131/k2311a0816/8.16.11