Sucker Punch (movie)  » Movies  »
  • However, after watching it, I have to say that I disagree even though I don’t exactly think that it was a masterpiece
  • The biggest problem that I had with this movie was that it felt like a female exploitation movie, and thinking about it, it probably was because it seemed to do a lot of focusing on the young females prancing about in their short tight clothing rather than putting a little more substance in the plot
  • However, I thought the acting seemed to be a bit mediocre in this one, especially coming from the main actress Emily Browning
  • Taking all of this into consideration, I’m more than a little hesitant to recommend Sucker Punch as a good movie

• by Redtape

Sucker Punch was an action fantasy movie about a girl who struggles to get out of a mental institution after she is wrongfully put there by her stepfather after her mother’s death. At times I wondered if she really was going crazy when she would use her fantasies to cope with daily life in the mental institution and plan to escape.

Initially, I read a lot of bad reviews about this movie, and so I was very hesitant to watch it. I read in some

people’s reviews that it was hard to understand and it was a waste of time and money. However, after watching it, I have to say that I disagree even though I don’t exactly think that it was a masterpiece.

Each of her fantasies represented something important that she needed for escaping. What I didn’t understand though was her talk about guardian angels, and seeing her “guardian angel” driving the bus at the end of the movie.

The biggest problem that I had with this movie ...

• was that it felt like a female exploitation movie, and thinking about it, it probably was because it seemed to do a lot of focusing on the young females prancing about in their short tight clothing rather than putting a little more substance in the plot.

The acting was a bit of a disappointment too since there were quite a bit of young female actresses in there such as Jenna Malone who I have always considered to be very talented, and who usually appears in

some good and memorable movies. However, I thought the acting seemed to be a bit mediocre in this one, especially coming from the main actress Emily Browning.

I guess the visual effects weren’t too bad either even though I heard some people complaining that it was terrible. Personally, I thought that most of it wasn’t very impressive , but some of it actually looked pretty good.

Taking all of this into consideration, I’m more than a little hesitant to recommend Sucker Punch as a good movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114081521240631/k2311a0814/8.14.11