The Boy She Met Online (movie)  » Movies  »
  • I would recommend “The Boy She Met Online” as one of the better Lifetime movies I’ve seen to Lifetime lovers

• by Redtape

“The Boy She Met Online” was a made for television movie that I watched on Lifetime. In the movie, a teenage girl meets a young man who she doesn’t know is actually incarcerated in a chatroom. He tells her instead that he’s studying engineering at a university. He soon is released from prison on parole, and since he returns her affections he tries to change his lifestyle, which includes telling her the truth. However, they both soon find themselves in trouble when people from his dark

past return to haunt him.

I actually thought that this movie was pretty good for a made for television movie. I liked it even though it had somewhat of a cliché plot. While it was not as suspenseful as some bigger movies I’ve seen, it did keep me hooked in the sense that I wanted to see if the girl’s mother would eventually catch on to what she was up to, if the guy’s love for the girl was strong enough to keep him from yielding ...

• to the pressure of one of his friends and reverting to his old ways as well as what the guy’s roommate was up to.

Maybe the strangest thing about the movie would be the actor they cast in the main role. For example, a family member of mine made the comment that one of the actor who played one of the main characters, the ex-con that the girl was dating looked like he was in his early twenties instead of his early twenties, and I couldn’t

have agreed more. I also thought that the young man looked a bit too clean cut and “suburban” to have lived a life of crime. I even saw them driving some expensive vehicles which completely baffled me since these men only just got out of prison and were dead broke.

The dialogue also wasn’t too bad like some made for TV movies. It wasn’t magnificent like the movie. Just, okay.

I would recommend “The Boy She Met Online” as one of the better Lifetime movies I’ve seen to Lifetime lovers.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114081521200631/k2311a0814/8.14.11