Nature’s Gate Hair Defense Conditioner Pomegranate Sunflower 18 oz  » Health  »
  • The ingredients impressed me as well– it has pomegranate and red tea, two substances well known for their powerful antioxidants
  • I bought it, and tried it out within the next couple of days, on a day when I did not want to shampoo, but needed a freshen up
  • I found my hair to be light and fluffy, static free, and shiny looking
  • The conditioner did not ever seem to build up at all, which had been a problem with some others that contained waxes
  • I would definitely recommend this for normal to oily hair, although drier hair types might find it falls short in the moisturizing department

• by reviewabit

I have been looking for a light and natural conditioner I can use just for rinsing out my hair on days when I don’t want to shampoo it. I don’t want any artificial ingredients, I just want it to add some body and refresh the hair. When I was checking out a few natural conditioners, I came across this one by Nature’s Gate.

I liked the fragrance, which is a light, fruity smell. It did not seem like the kind of fragrance that was going to compete with others or linger in my hair all day. The ingredients impressed me as well– it has pomegranate and red tea, two substances well known for their powerful antioxidants. It also has sunflower and grape seed extracts, which it claims can help to prevent color fading. This is good

for me too, because my color comes from a box. It doesn’t have any parabens, and everything else looked great. I bought it, and tried it out within the next couple of days, on a day when I did not want to shampoo, but needed a freshen up.

When I first put it on, I was really enjoying the fragrance. It did not have the usual slippery or silky feel that most conditioners have. It did not seem to de tangle very well, and I felt like I needed to use an awful lot of it to get my hair covered adequately. Once I got it rinsed out, my hair felt nice and clean again. I went to dry my hair, and found that although it had not detangled well, it did seem to volumize ...

• my hair. This was something I was very pleased with. I have thinning hair on top, and I need something that will make the most of what volume I have left. Using most conditioners, whether or not I had used them with shampoo, tended to leave my hair a bit flat. This one seemed to give me the effect of a cross between washing and conditioning my hair. If I were planning on using it just as a general conditioner, I might not have been happy with the results, but for the intended purpose, it was perfect.

My hair was light, voluminous and shiny. That’s really all I could ask for. The next day, when it was time to shampoo again, I tried the product afterwards just to see how well it worked when used after

shampooing. It actually gave just about the same result. I found my hair to be light and fluffy, static free, and shiny looking. The conditioner did not ever seem to build up at all, which had been a problem with some others that contained waxes.

I probably would not use this for a deep conditioner, and it is not terribly reliable as a smoother or detangler, but for general use, it is great and gives my hair a nice look and feel. The scent is very nice, but it lingers a little longer than I had expected it to. Fortunately, it does not interfere with other products as it is a light scent. I would definitely recommend this for normal to oily hair, although drier hair types might find it falls short in the moisturizing department.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412081520630131/k2311a0812/8.12.11