Electronica at Disney’s California Adventures  » Entertainment  »
0.5
  • Disney’s California Adventure park is a lot of fun and a park that I have enjoyed going to since 2003
  • Sometimes I find change hard, however I know that I will really enjoy Disney’s California Adventures once the change is complete
  • Now they have a huge kiosk in the center of Hollywood Backlot where they serve beer and I believe mixed drinks
  • I love Disney's California Park, it is a magical place to go

• by Kim Miller

Every year my family and I go to Disney Resort in Anaheim, California. Disney Resort consists of Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure. Disney’s California Adventure park is a lot of fun and a park that I have enjoyed going to since 2003. They are making a lot changes to the park, which will be nice. It is sad though that they are changing things.

Sometimes I find change hard, however I know that I will really enjoy Disney’s California Adventures once the change is complete.

The change though that I have found disturbing is Electronica and what it has brought to the park. Electronica makes me think of a dance rave or club. When I go to a

place like Disney Resort, I am looking for a family environment. Electronica is far from a family event. It is more for teenagers and the party crowd. The music is very loud and flashy. The atmosphere in Hollywood Backlot no longer has a Disney feel to it. It feels like a dance club. If I wanted to go to a club or concert then that is where I would go. I do not want to go to Disneyland for loud music.

Electronica has also brought with it booze. In the past DCA sold alcohol on the Pier but it was not something that everyone really was aware of. Now they have a huge kiosk in the center of ...

• Hollywood Backlot where they serve beer and I believe mixed drinks. This brings in a party crowd and drinking which is not family oriented. The language at the parks has always been good. I have not heard people use fowl language in the past. This year I heard the “F” word several times. It also flows over to Disneyland because these people go over there to ride before Electronica. I heard several people talking about how they needed to get to DCA for a beer.

Walt Disney created his parks for families. When DCA corporate heads said they were changing the feel of the park, they said that they wanted it to represent Walt better and be more like

Disneyland. By bringing in Electronica and booze, they have gone against what Walt stood for and are taking away the family environment.

I love Disney Resort in Anaheim. I will continue to go there. I love Disney’s California Park, it is a magical place to go. Electronica is a big mistake. I hope that they get rid of Electronica and make Hollywood Backlot family friendly again. The Disney Resort is not a dance rave or club. It is a theme park where families go to have fun together. They do not go to hear loud music, fowl language or to be around a bunch of drunken people. I hope they realize it before they destroy Walt’s dream.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5912081520520131/k2311a0812/8.12.11