Alba Botanica Acnedote Skin Care Line  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think the line is really very gentle on your skin, albeit it has 2% salicylic acid

• by AugustEight

A few weeks ago, I started breaking out with small zits on my face. I panicked, as girly girls tend to do, and immediately looked for a topical solution in the mall. I found myself in Healthy Options. The salesperson recommended Alba Botanica’s Acnedote line, which consists of facial wash, toner, treatment gel and moisturizer.

I tried it the minute I got home. I loved the feel of the facial wash! It’s light (not creamy, like most facial washes), yet it suds up pretty well. The scent was

very herby and refreshing. After washing, I felt like my face was not just cleaner, but brighter in appearance too.

The toner was equally refreshing. It didn’t sting, which means it’s not drying to the skin. My only complaint would be that the opening of the bottle was a little too big, and so I ended up drenching my cotton ball with the toner, when just a little bit would have been enough. As it is, I’m using up my toner twice as fast as everything else.

The invisible treatment gel ...

• came in a small tube. This size is perfect, as you really only need tiny dots of the gel to spot correct the zits. No sting here, either. I think the line is really very gentle on your skin, albeit it has 2% salicylic acid.

The moisturizer is my favorite part. It’s not greasy at all! I can wear it under my makeup in the morning and my skin still stays matte throughout the day (please take note, I live in the Philippines, where it’s quite hot and tropical, so this

is a major consideration). The moisturizer doesn’t feel heavy on my skin, like other creams do. It’s also good to know that your moisturizer adds a layer of acne medication.

Perhaps an improvement would be to add SPF to the moisturizer - although I don’t know if this is possible. I haven’t seen any acne skin care product that has SPF.

Needless to say, the whole line is fragrance free, oil free and non-comedogenic. It was a little more expensive than the drug store brands, but very worth it. I’m an Alba Botanica convert.

moonstar ramos says :

hi i just want to know where can i buy alba botanica coconut milk facial wash here in the phillipines.??? pls answer po

Chen says :

Hey. Glad to see your review I`m from the Philippines too and I`ve been planning to try Alba Botanica Acnedote. I just want to ask you if this is 100 effective because I`ve tried St. Ives Scrub but it didn`t work for me. So I`m here to confirm if this product really works because I don`t want my money wasted again. And tanong ko lang, magkano lahat ng nagastos mo? How many months will it last? Gusto ko kasi na mag-invest na sa product na sigurado akong effective. Please answer my question ASAP, you can contact me here sa facebook ko Winry Elric Chen Vasquez . THANK YOU SOOO MUCH

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111081520250431/k2311a0811/8.11.11