“Balls of Fury” (2007 Film)
1.0
  • That aspect of the film I found to be dissapointing becuase obviously when anyone goes to watch a comedy and its not funny, it is a major let down
  • I had seen them in other films and was very much impressed
  • I would not recommend it to anyone who is looking for a comedy

• by Susanna Frank

The 2007 film, “Balls of Fury” film that was supposed to be a comedy proved to be anything but. I normally enjoy comic films that are like this one, though this film was not very funny to me. Something about this film did not really catch my funny bone and lift me bored and uninterested within the first few moments.

This film is set to portray a man who was once a boy prodigy as far as ping pong went. He

loses a crucial game were his father bet on him to win. After that his life goes downhill and he tries to reclaim his fame by doing magic tricks with his ping pong balls. As the movie goes on he tries to redeem himself, and all the while trying to make a comedy out of it. But the lines that were clearly meant tobe funny were not in the least. That aspect of the film I found to be dissapointing becuase ...

• obviously when anyone goes to watch a comedy and its not funny, it is a major let down.

Also, the cast of this film I felt were very talented, such as Christopher Walken, who I did not enjoy in this film at all. I had seen them in other films and was very much impressed. This film did not do them justice, and if anything, showed them in a poor light were they’re talents didn’t really shine through. I felt that

the film could have been more enjoyable if the plot was more focused.

Overall, I didn’t enjoy the film and felt that it was not at all a comedy as it is portrayed. I would much rather watch a different comedy film that I have watched twenty times before rather then watching this film again. It’s harsh, yes maybe, but I cannot stress how dissapointing this film was to me. I would not recommend it to anyone who is looking for a comedy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1110081519780331/k2311a0810/8.10.11