Home Depot In Idaho  » Business  »
2.0
220 W. Kathleen Ave., Couer d’Alene, Idaho
  • I found what I wanted somewhere else and have not been too thrilled to return
  • I asked friends about their experience with the local Home Depot and it has ranged from avoiding it completely or they just laughed and said get what you want and do not expect any help
  • I really love a lot of the products they have, but I am not going to go back because of the customer service
  • Avoid them if you can, if not then be prepared to wait or just find what you want and load it yourself

• by Sherrie Taylor

Home Depot in Couer d’Alene, Idaho has lowered a lot of its standards in the last few years and as times get worse, they still do little to improve their customer service. I am not sure about the other stores throughout the county, but the one here is lacking. Their products are fine, but I have found some deception in advertising one type of product and finding something that is similar when I arrive at the store.

Their customer service is hard for me to deal with. It seems when a customer shows up, the staff disappears and you have to go look for someone to help

you. They do not answer questions completely unless you find someone that is above store policy. I have had to wait in a department for help after calling for someone for 20 minutes.

The store was almost empty at the time. I could understand if it was busy and would gladly wait my turn, but they were not busy and everyone seemed to be on break or they just did not show up. When I asked to speak to a manager at the front desk, they just looked at me, made an announcement and continued to ignore me. No one seem to care about an unhappy customer.

• I was not a screaming customer, I was trying to be professional.

Finally, I got tired of waiting and asked who the manager was for the day. The girl just shrugged her shoulders and kept on with what she was doing. She would not even look at me. I finally left and went home until I was ready to try again. I did not go back for a long time. I found what I wanted somewhere else and have not been too thrilled to return.

laughed and said get what you want and do not expect any help. I really love a lot of the products they have, but I am not going to go back because of the customer service. They do not care if you spend your cash there of not.

I would be surprised if they stay in business through the hard times we are having. It seems their business would improve a lot with a change in policy concerning customers and how to approach them. Avoid them if you can, if not then be prepared to wait or just find what you want and load it yourself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4110081519710331/k2311a0810/8.10.11