Ironvit Supplement: Multivitamins + Iron Capsules  » Health  »
2.5
  • Having this problem, apart from being unproductive, eats up a lot of my time
  • For that I think my breathing remains forced
  • To some extent, I believe the supplement may have increased my motility
  • This is interesting to note in relation to what I know that vitamin C plus iron helps each other for better absorption
  • I recommend, instead, a full iron supplement, even generic, and I’m already on my way to that goal

• by jhunie

My brain really needs a boost. I’ve been mentally burned out from writing since…a long time. My mind usually zones out. If I were to self-diagnose this condition, I’m probably suffering from writer’s block, or whatever. As a writer, a word processor, and at the same time facing a blank page with a blinking cursor every day, can be the most claustrophic, nerve-racking place in the world. I’ve tried meditating, breathing exercises, taking a break to lift up a snack, etc., and I still could not think sharp! The mental exhaustion might come from a lack of energy; I’ve been more diligent at taking my beauty pills than anything. I followed my sister’s advice, as a medical professional, to take iron supplements, which she said would increase my brain’s oxygenation. Wow! That sounded great. On the day I knew about Ironvit multivitamin supplements, I popped a capsule right away.

To fuel up this slow brain of mine takes more than just iron supplements, however. With another 2 supplements (zinc and vitamin C) I

pop up at a different time of the day, still, the sum of those supplements, including Ironvit, provides no energy, nor the spark, to awaken this sleepy head. What could be wrong? My guess is that it’s probably less concentrated compared to a full iron supplement with a higher dose. I will choose to set that aside, though, owing to the lack of information about what specific vitamins it contains. My energy really slumps to the bottom when the clock reaches the middle of an uneventful afternoon. It’s hard to escape distractions and several other things that rob me out of my concentration. There are gaping gaps in my thought process, too (I write a sentence that takes forever to finish), and by late in the afternoon, my head could be as blank as the page I’m staring at. Having this problem, apart from being unproductive, eats up a lot of my time. So this iron supplement, where my mental functions are concerned, is nothing short of a placebo.

I take the capsule at breakfast – ...

• the favorable time to take iron. Otherwise, I’m well aware that iron upsets the stomach if taken without meals. I suggest you do the same. For days I miss to take it in the morning, I just grab a biscuit to fill my stomach together with the capsule. And my stomach feels okay. As a method of relaxation before bedtime, I’ve been training myself to breath properly. For that I think my breathing remains forced. Provided that the supplement truly improves oxygenation in the body, it should have given me improved mental agility and more energy, but which the supplement has neither exemplified. To see the matter in rose-tinted glasses, however, I’m grateful that my dizzy spells have not made a comeback. I think the supplement keeps me from becoming anemic. Also, as an asthmatic, I rarely start coughing up whenever I get stressed from work.

To some extent, I believe the supplement may have increased my motility. When I began supplementing iron to my diet daily combined with vitamin C, I

frequented the toilet more than the usual once every 2 or 3 days. Lately my bowel movement occurs almost every day. This is interesting to note in relation to what I know that vitamin C plus iron helps each other for better absorption. The capsule in physical form has a striking two-toned black and red color.

As a former anemic, I had had other iron supplements in the past before I started taking Ironvit. I was advised to stop intake after 6 to 8 months once I was back to normal. In the case of Ironvit, I believe, as a multivitamin, this is perfectly safe to be taken for long term use and maintenance. It seems to be milder than some high-dosage iron supplements that agitate my stomach. I’m glad that I tried it for free. If you’re expecting more vitality, aside from those I mentioned, and mental alertness from this supplement, you might feel there’s much to be desired. I recommend, instead, a full iron supplement, even generic, and I’m already on my way to that goal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 349081519611131/k2311a089/8.9.11