Beeman P1 Magnum Air Gun
  • One of the main reasons I like this gun is the build quality
  • The lower setting is, I believe, 350-400 fps, and the high setting is around 600, which is incredible considering I own some pellet rifles that are only at around 550 fps, and they perform great as well

• by Keanu

Me and my dad both collect air rifles/pellet guns, and we own about a dozen in total. This Beeman P1 Magnum was originally his, and he gave it to me about two years ago. This is, as of now, probably my favorite one. It has a combination of solid build quality, power, and accuracy. Overall, it is such a great gun to own for anyone who is interested in high quality pellet guns. I personally shoot it often, just for things like target practice, and keeping it sighted in. My dad has owned it for a very long time now (not sure exactly how long, maybe 10

years), and it still performs amazingly.

One of the main reasons I like this gun is the build quality. It is on the larger side, and it weights around 11 pounds, but it is VERY solid. There are no real significant scratches on it yet, and the paint has not chipped at all, which is a pretty good sign. Another thing I like is the grips, which are made of walnut, and are designed to be completely compatible with any Colt M1911 .45 pistol, which the gun shares many similar features to. The design is very sleek and it feels comfortable to hold in your hand (and I ...

• have pretty small hands, actually). The sights are also pretty good, and they are easy to adjust on the fly, but stay in place at the same time, so you won’t have to adjust them constantly. The P1 also has excellent power. It basically has two power settings, which is determined by how far you cock the gun. The lower setting is, I believe, 350-400 fps, and the high setting is around 600, which is incredible considering I own some pellet rifles that are only at around 550 fps, and they perform great as well. I own the .20 caliber model, but it does come in .177.
        I do like .20 though, because it does have significantly more stopping power than the .177, and can shoot clean through 1/2″ thick boards of wood. Another thing I like is the fact that it has a dovetail, meaning that you can attach a scope if you want to, which is a great feature that most handguns do not have.

There really is not much to complain about here. Some may find the cocking effort required to be a bit too much, but I find it just right. Overall, the gun is just great. That being said, nowadays, it is pretty expensive, at around $450 retail. I am glad I own it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 128081519250431/k2311a088/8.8.11