Weleda Pomegranate Firming Facial Serum 1 oz
  • I have noticed lines and wrinkles since turning forty, and have not been happy about this inevitable change
  • Someone I know was talking about how good another Weleda product was, and so when I saw this one, I decided to give the pomegranate a chance to work its magic on my face
  • If you consider all the antioxidants the fruit is reported to have, it makes some sense
  • I found the consistency of the product to be very light and non-oily
  • I think I will be purchasing this product again, as soon as my budget allows

• by reviewabit

Since pomegranate has become the super-fruit du jour, it seems to turn up in everything. When I was a child, there was a pomegranate tree in my grandmother’s back yard. I never liked the taste of the tart fruit, and I never would have imagined it would be something so wildly popular one day. Now, I find myself hoping it can save my skin.

I have noticed lines and wrinkles since turning forty, and have not been happy about this inevitable change. Someone I know was talking about how good another Weleda product was, and so when I saw this one, I decided to give the pomegranate a chance to work its magic on my face. According to Weleda, this serum will regenerate aging skin, tighten, and firm and support skin

regeneration.

If you consider all the antioxidants the fruit is reported to have, it makes some sense. The serum has no synthetic preservatives, fragrances or colors, and does not contain mineral oil or other petroleum products. It has glycerin, aloe, pomegranate, millet, linalool, geraniol, limonene, and essential oils for fragrance.

I found the consistency of the product to be very light and non-oily. This was a relief, as many anti-aging products tend to be heavier, and I have problems with oily skin in the summer. Heavy products often cause breakouts for me when the weather is warmer.

The fragrance was light and a cross between fruity and floral. It does have a bit of a potent smell, but it does not really linger or interfere with other fragrances. When ...

• I first put the serum on my face, I really could not tell any difference in how my skin felt or looked, but I was hopeful that with time this would show me an effect.

After all, this was a rather expensive product. I got it at a discount, but it was still at the upper end of what I was willing to pay for skin care. I used the serum daily for about three weeks, until I ran out.

At the end of the “trial” I saw some improvement in my skin. The wrinkles were still there, but my skin looked healthier, plumper. I had more color than before, and I really saw a difference in how the lines around my eyes looked when I smiled.

Rather

than being an effect that I saw only when I had just put on the serum, which is the case with many products, this seemed to have a lasting effect, as I still saw it a couple of weeks after I had stopped using the serum. I think I will be purchasing this product again, as soon as my budget allows. I believe it did make a difference.

If you would like a good anti-aging product that will not make your skin feel oily or heavy, this is a good option. It does seem to help regenerate and renew skin as it claims. Just be patient, as it takes a few weeks to see the real results.

It is not a product that will fit in everyone’s budget, but it is not a waste of your money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348081519210431/k2311a088/8.8.11