Toshiba Satellite A505-S6025 Laptop
  • I bought the Satellite A505-S6025 laptop by Toshiba a little over a year ago, after checking out many laptops in the store
  • I found this laptop to be perfect for this
  • Even with the computing and graphics power it has, it has an amazing battery life, upwards of 7 hours
  • The only downside at all to this is its size and weight (over 7 lbs)., but as I mentioned before this was primarily going to be a desktop for me, so was not an issue at all

• by Deanne

I bought the Satellite A505-S6025 laptop by Toshiba a little over a year ago, after checking out many laptops in the store. I ultimately decided on this one because I was looking for a “desktop laptop,” meaning that 95% of the time it will be sitting on my desk at home, but wanted to be mobile when I needed to be. I found this laptop to be perfect for this. It has a pretty beefy CPU (Intel i3) and a pretty good graphics card (NVIDIA

GeForce 310M) which performs quite well for most 3D games.

I primarily bought this laptop for school, but also wanted the ability to play decent games on it sometimes, so the video card was nice. Even with the computing and graphics power it has, it has an amazing battery life, upwards of 7 hours. The reason for this is that it has a huge battery, which protrudes out of the bottom of the laptop, which in turn inclines the laptop forward, which is something I ...

• actually liked, that is a better angle for typing for me. It has a 16” widescreen, which took a little getting used to for me as it was my first HD monitor, but is a good size screen for a laptop nonetheless.

One of the most important features for me, and was a must when I was shopping for a new laptop, was that it had a numpad on it, since this was for school and I was taking online math classes.

The only downside

at all to this is its size and weight (over 7 lbs.), but as I mentioned before this was primarily going to be a desktop for me, so was not an issue at all. I have taken it mobile many times and it is not really that big of a deal to me that it is kind of big and heavy. All-in-all it is a good heavy duty laptop that works for almost anything one could need a computer for, it has been an awesome computer for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 638081518790331/k2311a088/8.8.11