Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream  » Cosmetics  »
  • I am a huge fan of the Make Up For Ever product line so I do not mind splurging, but if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, there are definitely more inexpensive cream eye shadows available at drugstores
  • I get a very intense color from all three shades and the best thing has to be that these do not crease once on my lids
  • The other thing I love about these aqua creams is that one swipe of the product gives phenomenal color payoff
  • The reason why I am so happy about the color payoff is that I only have to use the slightest amount of this to get the color to show up on my lids so even though one little tin of aqua cream is twenty-two dollars, I know that it will last me quite awhile
  • If expense were not an issue, I would go back and purchase every single one of them

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in three different shades: anthracite (a grayish black shade), intense blue, and coral. I bought them at my local Sephora store. At twenty-two dollar each, these little pots of cream eye shadow do not come cheap. I am a huge fan of the Make Up For Ever product line so I do not mind splurging, but if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, there are definitely more inexpensive cream eye shadows available at drugstores.

I am a huge fan of these aqua creams and I have come to love all three colors, though intense blue has to be my favorite. These are insanely pigmented and they last forever on the eyes. I get a very intense color from all three

shades and the best thing has to be that these do not crease once on my lids. Even though I have very oily lids, I do not notice any creasing or fading even after hours of wear. The other thing I love about these aqua creams is that one swipe of the product gives phenomenal color payoff. The reason why I am so happy about the color payoff is that I only have to use the slightest amount of this to get the color to show up on my lids so even though one little tin of aqua cream is twenty-two dollars, I know that it will last me quite awhile. These are easily blendable, but they do not smudge off of the eyes easily. This is an important distinction ...

• for me because I like being able to work with the product and blend it with other colors to create a multi-dimensional look yet I do not want something that is going to smudge outside of the “lines” and give me raccoon eyes by the end of the night. I would highly recommend getting the anthracite shade of aqua cream because it can double as an eye shadow and a gel liner. I use it to line my water line all the time and I get so many compliments about how dramatic my eyes look.

Another thing I must mention about these aqua creams is that I have never really been a fan of cream eye shadow until I tried these. In general, I find that cream shadows crease way

too easily and slide off of the lids pretty quickly after initial application. Fortunately, these aqua creams changed my mind about using cream eye shadow. They look gorgeous and last forever. I will definitely continue to purchase them, though I do not see myself ever running out of the three shades that I currently own.

I only purchased three shades because the product is so expensive, but another good thing about these aqua creams is that they come in at least 20 different shades. If expense were not an issue, I would go back and purchase every single one of them. There are so many others that I want to try out. Overall, I have to give the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream a rating of a 9 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315081518580531/k2311a085/8.5.11