Stila Cosmetics Natural Oil-Free Finish Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • Unfortunately, that is the only thing I truly like about this foundation
  • Everything else about it left me pretty disappointed
  • I know that sounds like a harsh way of describing it but it’s the truth
  • I think this foundation might work very well for someone with a dry or normal skin type

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Stila Cosmetics Natural Oil-Free Finish Foundation for about thirty dollars, though I have seen a variety of prices depending on where you purchase it. I had never tried a Stila foundation before so the main reason for the purchase was sheer curiosity.

I really like the texture of this foundation more than anything else. It feels a lot thinner than most of the foundations that I am used to and because of that, it feels very light on my skin. It is one of those makeup products that you can rub into the skin and completely forget about. It doesn’t “feel” like you are wearing anything on your face at all. Unfortunately, that is the only thing I truly like about

this foundation. Everything else about it left me pretty disappointed. I get pretty medium coverage from it. I usually prefer full coverage foundations, but this one is buildable enough that I can conceal all of my imperfections with it. I would also prefer this foundation more if it gave a completely matte finish. It doesn’t. It gives more of a dewy semi-matte finish which isn’t so great for people like me with oily skin. I would probably stay away from this foundation if you have oily skin. That’s the reason I will probably not repurchase this. My face just ends up looking very shiny/greasy a few hours after initially applying this. That really shocked me because this is supposed to be an oil-free foundation! I ...

• have to carry around blotting papers to wipe off the oil on my skin when I have this foundation on. That is such a tedious process that I really see no reason in going through all the trouble.

Though there is pretty good shade selection for this line of foundations, I could not find a perfect match for my skin. I was able to find a shade that was dark enough, but it doesn’t have much dimension. What I mean by that is that it doesn’t really match the yellow-ish undertones that I have on my skin so the foundation actually kind of looks like mud or dirt on my face. I know that sounds like a harsh way of describing it but it’s the truth.

Overall,

I have to give the Stila Cosmetics Natural Oil-Free Finish Foundation a rating of a 5 out of 10. I think this foundation might work very well for someone with a dry or normal skin type. However, if you have oily skin like me, you might want to skip this. Or, if you are looking for truly full coverage, I would suggest getting something else because this will not give that truly flawless airbrushed look that so many girls (me included) want to achieve. Because this is so expensive, I had much higher standards for it than I typically have for the drugstore foundations that I try out. It did not really live up to those expectations so I will likely not be getting this again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315081518570531/k2311a085/8.5.11