Sponsoredtweets.com for Publishers  » Web sites  »
2.0
  • If you are a celebrity you definitely have much greater earning potential
  • I don't think that it is a complete waste of time for a regular person

• by ashlee

Sponsored tweets is a website from the advertising company named IZEA. I have heard a lot about this network and decided to join it about a year and a half ago.

The premise of the site- the purpose of this website is to publish advertisement in you twitter messages. As a publisher you login to the website, create a profile and then wait until advertisers will propose an

opportunity for you.

When an opportunity becomes available to you, you will receive a notification by email. I personally just prefer to log into the website and check my opportunities on the dashboard.

You then have the choice to tweet the message or to decline. And it is up to you to rewrite the message to suit your readers. You just need to include the links and the hashtag the advertiser provides you with. When the advertiser approves the message you wrote, it is then automatically tweeted without your input.

So during the year and a half I have been on sponsored tweets I received 18 opportunities (each had a paying potential of about $1) and I took one with really poor results- only one person clicked on the ad, despite the fact that I have almost five thousand followers.

• Sponsoredtweets.com for Publishers
      At this point the suggested price for my sponsored tweets has dropped even lower.

If you are a celebrity you definitely have much greater earning potential. I heard of some celebrities that are making a few thousand dollars per tweet. But you really have to be A list celebrity to do that.

What I did find that this one message I sent was not worth it. It is a dollar

that is just sitting in my account, waiting for the threshold, not benefiting me in anyway. And it just made quite a few of my followers to distrust me.

I read that some online personalities are making $250-$300 per sponsored tweet, but it just looks to me like got the better deal so that they can promote the service.

I don’t think that it is a complete waste of time for a regular person.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 204081518130331/k2311a084/8.4.11