Buried Movie (2010)  » Movies  »
  • Ryan Reynolds is amazing in this role, the shots are fantastic, the directing, the editing, the graphic design- everything is done on the highest level
  • I would recommend watching this movie, but it is not for everyone

• by ashlee

Yes, I have watched Buried, a Ryan Reynolds movie directed by Rodrigo Cortés. And yes, I have watched all of it- from the very beginning to the very end. Now, if this statement sounds a bit unusual, this is why: I would never in a million years watch a movie like buried out of my own free will. I admit to being a bit gentle spirited, and while I do like me a good action movie or a thriller, I don’t want

it to deal with real fears, I don’t want it to show the real ugly things that happen in life. And Buried is just that. The reason why I first started watching the movie, is that I did not read the reviews beforehand and didn’t know what is was about.

But to my surprise, just five minutes into the movie, I couldn’t stop watching. I knew what it was all about, but I couldn’t wait to see what was going to ...

• happen next. Buried tells a story of truck driver Iraq, who blacks out during an ambush only to wake up in a small, claustrophobia-inducing wooden coffin, buried alive. But whoever put him there doesn’t want him to die just yet. “They” provide him with a smartphone, and some other small conveniences. While in there, he needs to figure out where he is, who put him there and how to get out of there.

The whole movie takes place inside that wooden box,

there are no exterior shots- in this way the movie is truly something unique, takes the premise of “Cellular” but pushes it much further. This is a breath taking action, thriller movie, there is not a dull moment. Ryan Reynolds is amazing in this role, the shots are fantastic, the directing, the editing, the graphic design- everything is done on the highest level.

I would recommend watching this movie, but it is not for everyone. This movie is for people who can handle it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114081518120331/k2311a084/8.4.11