Pizza Burger Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I like making hamburgers for dinner because it's not a very time-consuming process, and my family enjoys eating them
  • Recently I found the following recipe for Pizza Burgers in The Ultimate Cooking with 4 Ingredients cookbook and decided to try it
  • My family loved the Pizza Burgers, and for such a simple recipe, I was pretty impressed too
  • However, I'm a little more particular than the rest of my family, and I thought this recipe could stand just a little improvement
  • Overall, I thought this recipe was a fairly interesting solution for making basic hamburgers a little less ordinary

• by Davis Tucker

I like making hamburgers for dinner because it’s not a very time-consuming process, and my family enjoys eating them. Hamburger night is a fairly regular occasion in my household, so to prevent it from becoming too ordinary I like to experiment with different recipes. Recently I found the following recipe for Pizza Burgers in The Ultimate Cooking with 4 Ingredients cookbook and decided to try it. The recipe was a big hit with my family.

Here is the ingredient list:

1 pound of lean ground beef

/> 1/2 teaspoon of salt 1/2 cup of pizza sauce 4 slices of mozzarella cheese

Here are the recipe instructions:

First, combine the ground beef, salt and 1/2 of the pizza sauce. Then mold the mixture into 4 patties and pan fry them over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Just before the burgers are done, top each one with a spoonful of pizza sauce and a slice of cheese. Serve on hamburger buns.

My family loved the Pizza Burgers, and for such a ...

• simple recipe, I was pretty impressed too. However, I’m a little more particular than the rest of my family, and I thought this recipe could stand just a little improvement. The next time I make these burgers, I’ll probably add a little more seasoning. I think a little garlic powder and maybe some crushed red pepper flakes would give the burgers a little extra kick. I’d also like to experiment with additional toppings. I think adding mushrooms, onions and green peppers would be
        a nice touch. I like pizza with lots of toppings, so I figure that loading the Pizza Burgers with veggies will be equally good.

Overall, I thought this recipe was a fairly interesting solution for making basic hamburgers a little less ordinary. The combination of pizza and hamburgers, which are two popular foods, was pretty much a win-win situation. The Pizza Burgers were also very easy to make, and as a meal, they were really satisfying. I’m looking forward to making this recipe again soon and putting my own unique twist on it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 493081517961231/k2311a083/8.3.11