Fountain Splash Pad in Aga Park  » Leisure  »
213 W Alabama Ave, Fountain, CO 80817
  • I know it would be hard for me to run sprinklers all the time, and that still would not even come close to matching the enthusiasm and atmosphere this park creates
  • The best part, from a mom of a toddler's point of view anyway, is that there is a locking gate so the kids don't venture out into the street
  • It is like a giant sand pit, and I love seeing his imagination at work when he plays here

• by Deanne

The Fountain Splash Pad in Aga Park is one of the many free recreation areas in the Southern Colorado Springs/Fountain area in Colorado. They are open in May and stay open until Labor Day, and it is my son’s favorite thing to do. In this economy, with things getting harder and harder to find economical entertainment for everyone, it is always nice to be able to entertain your little ones without breaking the bank. I know it would be hard for me to run sprinklers all the time, and that still

would not even come close to matching the enthusiasm and atmosphere this park creates. They have sprayers, mini fountains, pails that dump water on the kids’ heads and so much more.

I bring my almost 2 year old here at least once a week and you always see day-cares bringing kids by the bus load, also older kids, even teens (and even adult children, such as my husband!) enjoy the splash pad. It is a lot of fun and they have a lot of benches both in by the water and ...

• out in the grass, so we always have picnics with friends there. The best part, from a mom of a toddler’s point of view anyway, is that there is a locking gate so the kids don’t venture out into the street. It is so nice to have a place I feel safe bringing my kids, where I can chat with other moms and not be afraid of my child running off. (We of course still keep a close eye on them though, because not everyone locks the gate).

On the other side

of Aga park there is a small playground. The playground isn’t anything to special in and of itself, just a climbing dome and the usual slide and swings. Having the two things together, though, makes for some happy kids. My son loves the dirt in the play ground. It is like a giant sand pit, and I love seeing his imagination at work when he plays here! If you have kids and live in or are visiting the area, this is a great summer time outing that is sure to please everyone!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 613081517951231/k2311a083/8.3.11