Nature’s Gate Herbal Blend Liquid Soap Neroli Orange & Chocolate Mint 12 oz  » Health  »
  • I love to use natural products, and especially when they offer very unusual fragrances
  • I like chocolate and orange together, and I was accustomed to chocolate and mint, but the three as a mix seemed weird
  • Believe it or not, I think I only got to use the product five or six times

• by reviewabit

I love to use natural products, and especially when they offer very unusual fragrances. I ordered this one out of sheer curiosity. I do not always like chocolate smells, especially not with mint. (An exception would be the mentioned combination in ice cream, but I don’t wear ice cream!) This is a gentle cleanser, made without parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, coco-sulfates, or animal testing.

The chocolate smell comes from organic chocolate mint extract– something I was not familiar with, and it also has organic orange, fennel, bilberry, aloe vera, juniper, horsetail, orange peel extract, and gotu kola. The water source is from the winter rains and snow pack of the Sierra Nevadas. I thought that was a nice touch.

I didn’t know what

to expect from the fragrance combination, and this was part of the fun of ordering the product. When I first tried it out, I was surprised. I like chocolate and orange together, and I was accustomed to chocolate and mint, but the three as a mix seemed weird.

Actually I did not really smell the mint in the product. I could detect the chocolate and the orange, which was nice– and reminded me of a chocolate orange flavored lip balm I have, and also of the solid chocolate orange candy that you hit to break apart. This is one of my favorites at Christmas.

I put the soap in my guest bathroom, alongside a few others so that people had a choice of which one to use.

• No one ever gets bored in my guest bathroom. Believe it or not, I think I only got to use the product five or six times.

The bottle was gone within a month, despite sharing the stage with other soaps. Everyone loved it, and even those who were not crazy about it at least tried it out of curiosity because it was so different. One friend’s little girl used the bathroom about six times during her visit and we both knew she was playing in the chocolate orange soap!

For its popularity, it gets a huge thumbs up.

As for the performance, it is good. It is a coco-betaine based cleanser, so it has some lather, but not as much as can be expected from commercial sulfate-based

products. It does clean well, and leaves the skin feeling soft, never dried out.

The scent is not overpowering, so it is not one of those products that tend to irritate those with sensitive noses and skin. The scent lingers softly on the skin, and I have observed that the vast majority of people who use the soap smell their hands repeatedly after washing them, as if they can’t quite believe they smell like chocolate. It’s pretty amusing to watch.

I would imagine this is a great soap to use with kids– it seems to make them want to wash up rather frequently! I think it is a nice, and quite unusual and unique product, and I would recommend it to all fans of unique scents and natural products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429071516770731/k2311a0729/7.29.11