Sony Vaio Y Series Laptop  » Laptops  »
1.0
  • It also gave me problem in locating the Wifi signal when it takes so easy for a laptop with better processor to give you that

• by ibizaspain

With a hefty price tag, this laptop is not a good buy. It gave me frustration and as to its overall performance, it trails behind Apple’s Macbook or even HP.

Sony once again created something which is fun to look at and easy to carry laptops. The color that I got was silver gray. It has a size of 11.6 inch and it is very light. The size alone would give you the feeling of being in the new world and it is quite handy because of its weight. The casing that Sony created is also a good feature. It makes everything solid and aesthetically a stand out. I only use this as a

secondary laptop. I always use my Macbook. Sometimes this is handy to carry when traveling because of its size.

The first glitch for me is the processor. It only has AMD which runs at 1.6 GHz. Even when you start it, the loading takes several minutes. It is really on the side of slow moving laptops which would always give you headache. Another thing, this processor cannot accommodate faster web browsing. One time, it slowed down, I clicked so many window, there was a lot of pop-ups that came out and as a result most of what was in my desktop was deleted. The processor is a major engine in your enjoyment of the laptop.

• If it cannot provide and guarantee faster work, your laptop is as good as nothing. It also gave me problem in locating the Wifi signal when it takes so easy for a laptop with better processor to give you that. Sometimes, it gives you the signal but at times it cannot. My overall impression as to the processor is that–it cannot help you in everything, even a mere web browsing.

The keypads are annoyingly hard. When I first use it, I was incredulous given the name of the brand. The keypads are very important too because it is can either help you with your job faster or slower. I often slip out of each keypads

too given the size. Plus the non-ergonomic touch to it, I feel like this was one of the worst Sony creations.

I have to appreciate also the fact that this has a built-in mic and camera. It has also an installed software like the Photo Booth of Macbook. It is easy to use and automatically links on the top part of the screen. It also runs in Windows 7 which is another impressive part. The resolution of the webcam is good as it takes out good images.

This is not really a good choice as it has a slow-pacing processor which is not really helpful in doing major tasks. This is not really a good laptop for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6329071516730731/k2311a0729/7.29.11