Slatkin and Co. 3-wick Scented Candle in Mango Cilantro  » Housewares  »
  • I love to eat, as well as smell, mangoes, and I don’t mind if my house smells like it too, especially when it’s Mango Cilantro by Slatkin and Co
  • My comparative remark to this 3-wick candle affirms the obvious that it’s definitely superior to the smaller one
  • The fragrance disperses thicker and more potent, when I thought the smaller candle was already quite strong
  • I think that’s roughly 60 percent longer than single-wick candles (burns a maximum of 40 hours)
  • If you wish to beef up the scent of your candle, I recommend upgrading to the 3 wick size

• by jhunie

I quickly followed up my first Slatkin and Co. scented candle with another one and splurged on a bigger size. I love to eat, as well as smell, mangoes, and I don’t mind if my house smells like it too, especially when it’s Mango Cilantro by Slatkin and Co. Well, so the corny question this time goes…is it better the second time around? I’ll say this 3-wick candle burns 3 times better, and the scent itself conjures the opposite season to the candle that preceded it. Another scent, but it’s the same splendid candle.

This smells delicious! The first time I happened across this candle, I was so intrigued by the combination: mango and…cilantro? What a quirky combination, I thought. Mango Cilantro calls forth ripe mangoes. In perfumery, mango tends to be leafy and green; here it’s zesty! A distinct aroma trails behind the mango, which slightly thickens the fragrance, and characterizes the herb cilantro. Its composition, I reckon, contains nectarine, cilantro, and, of course, mango.

Without the vegetal cilantro, this warm mango, augmented by the succulent Nectarine, may smell like a jar of mango jam. That said, it’s sweetened, but never cloying. Although cilantro is not really my favorite, it tames this, otherwise, tutty-fruity fragrance. It’s true what the description says that it’s a juicy mango. The candle smells bright and fresh. If this mango accord had been done much drier and too sweet, it would have reeked like a car freshener.

I adore the way the candle cancels out the lingering fumes in my bedroom, seeing that I’m such a lover of scents, as the result of all the smells that has accumulated for a while. It invigorates the air in a rich fragrance, but far more pleasant than an air freshener. The fruity candle stimulates my senses even in the morning, and it’s also something I’d like to bring inside the bathroom for a scent-infused dip. In the dark, the 3 wicks glow in bright light like a lamp shade. And ...

• I guess because of the augmented heat combined the wax burns instantly, and the scent starts to fill up the room in minutes. I have to mention that it beat my other smaller candle in this respect.

My comparative remark to this 3-wick candle affirms the obvious that it’s definitely superior to the smaller one. The fragrance disperses thicker and more potent, when I thought the smaller candle was already quite strong. It matches the power of fragrance oils. I have nothing to dispute about the neatness of Slatkin’s candles. They burn nicely and evenly so as to prevent canyoning, which occurs when the candle drills a hole rather than stretching as far as every side of the candle. The trio of wicks spares no solid wax and melts it in a clean pool. Just make sure no debris falls into that pool of melting wax. The time it takes to consume the candle, described on the bottom label, ranges from 40 to 65 hours. I think that’s roughly

60 percent longer than single-wick candles (burns a maximum of 40 hours). I light up the candle 3 to 4 hours at a time, so this candle will surely stick around my room for well over a month. As of this writing, the candle hasn’t reached halfway down its glass container, and I have plenty more to burn.

The candle has a very expansive scent throw, since it burns more fragrance oils in the wax. It pervades almost every space in my room, and suddenly I smell mangoes everywhere. The scent travels really well and doesn’t stagnate in one place. It’s distinguishable from a considerable distance. If you wish to beef up the scent of your candle, I recommend upgrading to the 3 wick size. It burns a lot longer, and who knows you might never find that seasonal candle the next time you hunt it down in bath and body works (as was my case). So better invest in a bigger candle (price: 20 dollars). This puts sunshine in my home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5329071516710731/k2311a0729/7.29.11