Naturopatch Essential Oil Therapy Patches Bergamot 10 Patches
2.5
  • I have a variety of essential oils that I use– sometimes literally for what they are supposed to be for, and sometimes just because I like how they smell and I know how they affect me personally, regardless of what they are “supposed” to do
  • I probably would not recommend these t treat any specific health complaint, although they are actually supposed to give stress relief and a variety of other vague benefits

• by reviewabit

I love aroma therapy. I am a true believer, because smell affects my mood, and mood effects the body’s capacity to self heal. I have a variety of essential oils that I use– sometimes literally for what they are supposed to be for, and sometimes just because I like how they smell and I know how they affect me personally, regardless of what they are “supposed” to do. In general, I am all for any kind of new aroma therapy product.

When a friend gave me a set of three of these “Essential Oil Patches” I tried to be objective about it, but they

just seemed silly to me. There are patches for smoking cessation, patches for pain, cold and hot patches, birth control patches– everything seems to come in a patch these days. But aroma therapy patches? Seriously?

You are supposed to put them on the front side of your shoulder, where they can be smelled easily I guess.

You can wear them for up to twenty four hours. After that, nothing actually happens, but that is the guideline anyway. The first set of patches I tried out was the bergamot.

To my friend’s credit, she knew this was one of my favorite

essential oils. Bergamot is used as fragrance and flavor. The bergamot is a small citrus fruit, and is probably most famous for being the distinctive note in Earl Grey tea.

This patch actually contains a blend. It has olive oil as a carrier, with bergamot, ginger, rosemary, and lavender. I generally like all those oils, and the patch does have a nice smell.

So… what happens when you peel off the back and press the patch into place? Well, your shoulder smells good. Really good, for about twenty four hours. Any effects that you would obtain from having the oils in ...

•  Naturopatch Essential Oil Therapy Patches Bergamot 10 Patches
      a diffuser in your bedroom, or mixed into your potpourri, you can now get– from your shoulder.

This does make aroma therapy a lot more portable. To be fair, although you could wear the oils by mixing them with your body lotion or making a perfume oil, you do get a more concentrated fragrance with the patch that can give strong benefits to your nose without you having to literally sniff your arm or something. The patches themselves are comfortable, and don’t seem to leave any residue or oiliness on the skin after taking them off.

I have not had them to

stain anything or rub off on clothing. Over all, although they do seem a little silly and a bit like a gimmick that’s riding on the popularity of everything else being in a “patch” form, they are kind of fun to use. I probably would not recommend these t treat any specific health complaint, although they are actually supposed to give stress relief and a variety of other vague benefits.

I would say, use them if you want to– if you love aroma therapy that much. The placebo effect is a powerful thing, and scent can trigger it. Keep that in mind.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428071516360431/k2311a0728/7.28.11