Ponds Dramatic Results Face and Neck Moisturizer 1.7oz.  » Health  »
  • I have had fairly good experience with some Ponds products recently, so when I saw a few good reviews on this product by people who had used it for years, I wanted to give it a try
  • I found that the product did seem to have some power to back up their claims
  • I decided to give it a break for the year, and planned on purchasing more
  • I would definitely recommend this product– as long as you don’t have extremely sensitive skin

• by reviewabit

I am forty one, and beginning to panic over the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Now I can finally share in the obsession that I observed while working in a drug store for many years when I was younger. I have had fairly good experience with some Ponds products recently, so when I saw a few good reviews on this product by people who had used it for years, I wanted to give it a try. The combination of alpha hydroxy acids, retinol and vitamin C seemed like a really good one– as I have been pleased with product containing these elements separately.

This cream came with “proof strips” which were little powdered strips that you could use to make an impression of your wrinkles to see if they were getting better or not.

Interesting. You are to use them every four weeks during use.

This practically guarantees that you will be buying more than one bottle of the product. How clever. I found that the product did seem to have some power to back up their claims.

I used it for the first time right after washing my face, and although it went on smoothly and felt great, there was a definite “tingle” sensation from the alpha hydroxy ingredients. I had felt this before, and it was ok– I knew that meant it was working. The tingling was not uncomfortable and only lasted a few minutes.

I did learn quickly not to put the cream too close to my lips, because I got a taste of it one day and it was gross and salty tasting. It was ...

• difficult to get that taste out of my mouth after that. It has a pleasant smell.

It is light and sort of floral. It is not strong enough to interfere with other fragrances, and dissipates quickly once on the skin. I found that my skin looked a bit brighter after an application, and my makeup seemed to look a bit better with the product underneath.

There was sometimes a slight redness for a few minutes, but it quickly went away. After the first four weeks, I took my second “proof strip” test, and found that there did actually seem to be some change registering on the strip. This was very encouraging– and what I had thought at the beginning was just a gimmick now looked like a show of honesty.

If I had

seen no improvement, why would I buy another bottle? Since every bottle came with the strips, the product had its own built-in proof of its worth. I ended up buying four bottles, and with each one until the fourth, I saw some mild improvement. It seemed to stop at the fourth bottle.

Around this time, the season had changes to winter as well, and suddenly my skin became more sensitive to the effects of the cream, sometimes remaining itchy and red for hours. I decided to give it a break for the year, and planned on purchasing more. I have yet to buy this year’s bottle, but it is on the list, as soon as I use up some other products.

I would definitely recommend this product– as long as you don’t have extremely sensitive skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428071516330431/k2311a0728/7.28.11