ClearTract D-Mannose Urinary Support Formula 500 mg 60 ct  » Health  »
  • The problem is, cranberry juice and extracts contain high amounts of acid, which are irritating to my bladder
  • When it was not better after two days, I bought the product and started taking it
  • I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is a frequent sufferer of urinary tract infections

• by reviewabit

I have had a long history of urinary pain and symptoms. When I developed a serious urinary tract infection in my late teens, it took months to get myself well. The infection left scarring, which now can contribute to infections or just to irritation of the urinary tract. I was told to drink cranberry juice or take cranberry supplements, because of the D-Mannose content of the berries which is supposed to help prevent bacteria from sticking to the bladder wall.

The problem is, cranberry juice and extracts contain high amounts of acid, which are irritating to my bladder. So while I might prevent an infection, I would never know– because I would be having the painful symptoms anyway. I had heard recently that it was found that

D-Mannose is present in other fruits too– like blueberries and apples.

It still presents a small problem, as I am now diabetic, and cannot drink as much fruit juice as I would like because of the sugars and carbohydrate content. Then, a friend told me about the ClearTract product, which has 10 times the potency of cranberries, yet has a neutral pH. This means it will not burn the urinary tract, or stomach.

After hearing about it, I tried it out the next time I was developing some urinary symptoms. The burning and urgency came on slowly, so I was not sure if it was an infection, or just something I ate or drank. When it was not better after two days, I bought the product ...

• and started taking it.

It cost about twenty dollars for sixty. Since you are to take three capsules five times a day for the first four days, the first four days uses up the entire bottle. Considering what I have paid for antibiotics in the past, I guess this isn’t so bad.

I just went ahead and bought two bottles at once. Three capsules daily is the “maintenance” dose for prevention. I have to give the product credit.

After four days, my symptoms were gone. I was not convinced this was not a coincidence, so I waited until I had used the product twice before making a final decision. The second time it worked as well, so I am a believer now.

It is wonderful that

someone found a way to take the natural power of the fruit and make it a harmless, burn-free formula that can actually wipe out symptoms faster than drinking a gallon of cranberry juice a day. Since I did not want to maintain the three a day dosage because of the expense, I have decided to use it on an as-needed basis. I don’t have the symptoms as frequently as I used to, and that is in part because I am very careful about drinking enough fluids and not eating too many highly acidic foods at once.

If I get an actual infection, it is usually discernible because of more severe symptoms. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is a frequent sufferer of urinary tract infections.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428071516320431/k2311a0728/7.28.11