Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon movie  » Movies  »
  • I did not find it to be quite as interesting or hooking as the first one was, but I still liked it as well
  • If I were to sum up my experience or feelings towards the movie, I would say that it is entertaining but lacked depth
  • Overall, I think it is worth the money if you are a big fan of Michael Bay or action movies in general, or maybe just a strong Transformers fan

• by Keanu

I recently went to the theaters to see the new Transformers movie: Dark of the Moon. I remember when I saw the first movie. I did not know if it would be cheesy and fall short in terms of story, because it seems like that could be an easy mistake made, but it turned out to be great entertainment and the acting also was not too bad. I feel that the second movie sort of faltered a bit in terms of story-line; I did not find it to be quite as interesting or hooking as the first one was, but I still liked it as well. I had high expectations for this third installment, and I went to the theater without knowing that much about what the story was about, other than that it had to do with the Decepticons on

the moon. If I were to sum up my experience or feelings towards the movie, I would say that it is entertaining but lacked depth.

Now I will try to go into a bit more detail by what I mean. For starters, I felt that the plot was easily one of the strongest parts of the movie, especially towards the beginning. The fact that they used real footage from the 1969 space shuttle launch was impressive, and I felt that it added great atmosphere and tone to the movie. Another strong point I felt the movie possessed was, of course, special effects. The Transformers series, and Michael Bay movies in general, are notorious for having ridiculous amounts of action, explosions, and special effects. Without it, this movie would have been very bland and I am glad they were able to really take ...

• advantage of it, even if it was a bit overdone. But let’s face it, how could you make a decent transformers movie without very heavy use of explosions and special effects?

Now, on to the negatives. The main reason why I said Transformers 3 lacked depth is because of the corny/cheesy script and poor acting. For example, the scene where Sam’s (Shia Lebouf) coworker attacks him in the bathroom stall and tells him about the Decepticon’s attack and then he is later attacked by one himself. To me, this was a good 20 minutes of the movie wasted, because it was so unnecessary, and they portrayed him as being so stupid and it just felt like they were trying too hard to be funny. Another example would be Sam’s conversation with his parents. Their script is just such an overdone attempt

at humor, as with the last scene I mentioned. In terms of poor acting, I felt that Sam’s new girlfriend, Carly, did a poor job and was a really shallow character. I feel like if Megan Fox continued to play the role of his girlfriend it would have been much better for the movie. I felt like they found out last minute that Fox did not want to be in the movie, so they just found a quick replacement and made up a quick story that they broke up.

So there you have it, my opinion on the movie Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon. Overall, I think it is worth the money if you are a big fan of Michael Bay or action movies in general, or maybe just a strong Transformers fan. For me, it was really overdone at times, but it was entertaining.

Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1128071516230431/k2311a0728/7.28.11