Rush High Powered Lip Balm w/ caffeine, B-12, taurine 0.15 oz  » Health  »
  • I like to buy interesting lip balms, and this was one that I actually bought more as a joke than anything
  • I thought this would be a fun way to play into the humor of it all, and it was
  • I think the whole idea was very tongue-in-cheek
  • I would recommend this as a fun choice for lip balm

• by reviewabit

I like to buy interesting lip balms, and this was one that I actually bought more as a joke than anything. It is a “high-powered” lip balm with caffeine, taurine, and B-12. To suggest that the effects of these substances could manifest in any meaningful way through a mere lip balm was hysterical to me– it was almost a parody of the many energy products out there today. Some of my friends drink energy shots constantly, and I have been guilty of it too.

I thought this would be a fun way to play into the humor of it all, and it was. Everyone I showed the “Rush” lip balm to thought it was a riot and wanted one of their own. So

does it work? Well, that depends.

As a lip balm, it works quite well. The base ingredients for the balm are sunflower oil, beeswax, lanolin, cocoa butter, menthol, vanillin, vitamin E, caffiene, taurine and B-12. It is a great lip balm.

The beeswax. cocoa butter and sunflower oil protect and nourish the lips, preventing them from any drying effects of the environment, and delivering nutrients to the damaged skin. It goes on smoothly, locks in moisture, and leaves your lips smooth and soft.

It’s not too waxy or greasy. It’s a good combination of ingredients. As for whether the caffeine, taurine and B-12 actually give your lips energy, or somehow transfer transdermally to give your whole body energy– I seriously doubt it.

I think ...

• the whole idea was very tongue-in-cheek. I really can’t see a caffeinated lip balm keeping you up at night. My friends joked and said it makes me talk faster.

I don’t think so. It is possible that any benefits of the taurine and B-12 to the lips may have a localized effect, but I honestly could not tell any difference in the effects of this than any other decent lip balm. I did find an interesting bit of information about taurine from the product label.

It claims there is a misconception about taurine being derived from the semen of a bull. It then goes on to say that it was originally found in the bile of an ox, and can be isolated from the

urine of female cattle. Happily, it concludes by telling us that their taurine is made synthetically, in a lab.

Well, that is sure a relief! What an interesting thing to put on the product– and how gross– which is another reason I think it is tongue-in-cheek. So, overall, this is a great product. It has a light minty-vanilla flavor and does a great job of protecting your lips and treating chapped lips, it’s fun and a great conversation piece– and it is not at all expensive.

I would recommend this as a fun choice for lip balm. It’s a good product you can use, so it’s not a waste of money like some gag products. And who knows, maybe your lips will stay awake all night.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427071516020431/k2311a0727/7.27.11