Nature’s Answer Bladdex Herbal Supplement 1 oz  » Health  »
1.0
  • I did experience some improvement, but I think it was mostly from diluting my urine by drinking a lot of water
  • I cannot be sure, so I would not recommend these for people with active symptoms suggesting an infection or an irritation

• by reviewabit

I had a really bad bladder infection in my late teens, which left some scarring. Occasionally, my bladder symptoms flare up if I have eaten or drank something irritating, like coffee in large amounts. I have to wait a few days before I can tell if it is a real infection or just irritation. The last time this happened, it turned out to be irritation.

A well meaning friend who knows I am a fan of natural remedies brought me this product in the hopes it would help solve some of the symptoms, such as burning and urgency. The solution is a liquid drop, which contains Oregon grape root, couch grass rhizome, Uva Ursi leaf, juniper berry, marshmallow root, and buchu leaf. The dosage is 56 drops, two to three times a day, in water.

Obviously,

there is only enough product in the bottle for about five days, so the price of it is not as cheap as it would seem should you have symptoms for more than a week, and most homeopathic remedies do take more than that to work. I tried taking the drops for a few days, until the product ran out. They don’t taste very nice, but are tolerable in a little water or juice.

They tasted like perfume to me, which is a strange description, but that is what it reminded me of. Since I was drinking a lot of water and taking antacids to treat the symptoms as well as the drops, it is hard to say whether they really worked or not in the allotted time. I did experience some improvement, but ...

• I think it was mostly from diluting my urine by drinking a lot of water.

It is a reasonable assumption, because it has always caused an improvement before when I have these episodes. The first day, I had a slight exacerbation of the symptoms right after taking the drops. Because they have a strong flavor, I was not sure if perhaps they had caused the mini-flare.

It was only a couple of times that I urinated and it was painful, then it seemed to taper off. The second day was uneventful, but the third left me with worse symptoms yet again, and they began shortly after taking the first dose of the drops. I had not had time to drink extra fluid that day because I was busy, and the increase in the burning seemed strangely

correlated to the timing of the dose.

It may be that these drops are intended to treat actual infections of the bladder. If that is the case, I probably would not have benefited from them at all, since I did not have an infection. Some products, like cranberry, can help to decrease the effects of bacteria in the urinary system, but can actually worsen symptoms because of the acid content.

While these drops are not alcohol based, there may be something in them that acted as an irritant rather than anything helpful to my situation. I cannot be sure, so I would not recommend these for people with active symptoms suggesting an infection or an irritation. They might be more useful as a preventative, but the dosing of them seems a bit inconvenient.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427071515970431/k2311a0727/7.27.11