Ariba Ariba restaurant  » Restaurants  »
4015 Queens Blvd., Sunnyside, NY 11104
  • I think it was the cojita cheese they add on top and I was right
  • What I love about their rice is that it has peas, carrots and corn

• by Mindmatters

This place is located in a great location, right off the train. As soon as I saw it was Mexican food, I just had to dine here for dinner with my boyfriend. It is a great date night restaurant to enjoy music, drinks and food. The atmosphere is perfect for couples winding down after a long day, as well as having dinner with your closest friends.

The food is pretty good but it falls a little short on flavor. If you are looking for

true authentic food here, or at least for it to taste authentic, then it also falls short on that too.

The first time I went I got the red enchiladas stuffed with cheese. The top of the enchiladas is covered with 4 cheeses. Some I have never heard of before. When I first tried this dish, something tasted off and some of my bites were not too pleasant. I think it was the cojita cheese they add on top and I was right. The second ...

• time I ordered this dish, I said no cojita cheese, and there was no odd taste to it. It was much better.

What I love about their rice is that it has peas, carrots and corn. This makes their rice unique, and I partly come back to this place for their rice. Very tasty.

Their black beans are good and not dry. Although the beans are good alone, it is even better with the rice. The combination is amazing.

I feel like the portions of the

plates and the prices don’t match up. The portion size of the rice and the beans needs to be significantly more. I was a bit hungry last time, after I had cleaned my plate and ate every grain of rice. For $12, I expect a little more food.

Service is a little slow because they are packed with people. I would suggest they hire more people and people that speak better English. Their main customers don’t speak Spanish and some of the waitresses are hard to understand.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 727071515880431/k2311a0727/7.27.11