MAC Lip Pencil in Life’s a Breeze  » Cosmetics  »
  • I alleviate the texture problem by conditioning my lips first with lip balm
  • But I know for sure that the pencil never gives me problems and lasts for hours
  • I found scores of these sold in ebay for as low as 10 dollars
  • I don’t know but I think this very useful lip pencil belongs to everyone’s everyday makeup essentials, rather than “to the beach
  • Now that I’ve owned, I would say, the best lip liner, lipsticks would never be complete without this lip pencil

• by jhunie

I’m currently using a MAC lip pencil in a shade, with a catchy name, called Life’s a Breeze. According to the saffron-colored packaging it’s a limited edition lip pencil from MAC’s To the beach collection. My cousin sent me this lip pencil.

If life were really a breeze, I’d be pretty sure I’ll skip using a lip liner. I’ll apply lipstick like a child and pretend that I’m good at it. This MAC lip pencil assumes that “life’s a breeze.” Despite the name of the shade, I did not breeze through applying the lip liner. The pencil adds a bit more effort and lengthens the time to do my lips. The dry texture of the lip liner lags application sometimes. It tends to harden when not in use or sharpened regularly. Scratching the tip beforehand softens it for application. It glides creamy but the pigments start out sheer and needs a couple of passes

to build a sharp stroke all around the contours of the lips. I alleviate the texture problem by conditioning my lips first with lip balm. Once I’m done lining my mouth, half the battle is won, since the rest of the job only requires me to fill my lips with lipstick albeit not meticulously.

I have owned a battalion of pink lipsticks, and this practical color is unmatched in versatility for a lip liner. It blends flawlessly with my favorite pink lipsticks and corresponds to my rather neutral lip color palette. I’ve been wearing lip stains and glosses on end; this lip liner brought lipsticks back on the game plan, when some of which have become an island somewhere in my drawer. The lip pencil intensifies vibrant shades like bubblegum pink and does the same thing for deeper mauve shades that are likely to fade like pallor on my lips. But thanks to this lip liner my lipsticks wear ...

• a bit longer than the usual. It surprisingly looks good under a milky tinted lip gloss, and don’t even get me started on pinks and purple pastel shades (haven’t tried them yet but am thrilled)! If your palette involves a lot of nudes, such as mine, this pencil is a must-have. The definition it lends to lipsticks is satisfying.

Life’s a breeze, the name of the shade, is a muted pink color as stereotypical as its name sounds. On the tip of the pencil, it appears like dusty plum and rather dull. Swipe it on and the lip pencil reveals a pale pink that has flashes of mauve. It is well saturated in tone after a couple of swipes. This pink is well pigmented on top of my naturally warmer lips. I can’t quite define if the finish is plain matte or satin, but I swear I see a glint of silver. The lightness of the

color is buildable, and I can have it slightly cool, in tone, to a bold purple-pink. Given that range, it really works for so many of my pink, mauve, and even taupe/brownish lipsticks.

Well, since this belongs to a beach-inspired collection, I don’t know if it’s submersible in water. But I know for sure that the pencil never gives me problems and lasts for hours. My lips stay in shape, and it doesn’t look like I’m eating away my own lipstick by the end of the day. The lip pencil requires sharpening periodically. I found scores of these sold in ebay for as low as 10 dollars. I don’t know but I think this very useful lip pencil belongs to everyone’s everyday makeup essentials, rather than “to the beach.” And that speaks mouthfuls how much I recommend this product. Now that I’ve owned, I would say, the best lip liner, lipsticks would never be complete without this lip pencil.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126071515710231/k2311a0726/7.26.11