Manitoba Harvest, Hemp Seed Oil 1000mg 60 Capsules
  • I decided to order the Manitoba Harvest brand because of good reviews and a friend’s approval of the brand
  • I must have been in the naturally slow phase anyway, because when I had a flareup of the “fast” phase of the illness, I paid for it dearly, with extreme cramps and loose bowels
  • I would recommend this product for someone who only needed moderate reduction of cholesterol, or who could not tolerate fish oil or flax

• by reviewabit

I have been taking fish oil, garlic, and fiber to control cholesterol for some time now, and it is working. When I heard that hemp oil also had the Omega 3,6, and 9 acids that were essential, I became interested. I also happened to hear that the oil is good for treating the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, something I have struggled with for years. I decided to order the Manitoba Harvest brand because of good reviews and a friend’s approval of the brand.

Besides the omega oils and fatty acids, it also has super fatty acids gamma linolenic acid and stearidonic acid. The 1000 mg softgels can be taken in doses up to nine softgels per day, taking at three separate times daily. Of course, if you take this many

you will find yourself buying quite a few bottles a month.

I could not find a larger bottle at the retailer I used, so basically it came to around thirty dollars a month to take these, which really isn’t that bad. I had no side effects from taking the hemp oil. Unlike fish oil, there were no weird tasting burps or indigestion.

The softgels were easy to swallow and did not have a terrible odor. I took a home cholesterol test before and after using them, to see if it really would make a difference. After a month and a half, the hemp oil had reduced my cholesterol only about ten points.

However, it did have some effects on my irritable bowels. Oddly enough, I had been experiencing no cramps or ...

• diarrhea, but things were moving along a little more swiftly than usual when I was in the “loose” phase of the condition. It seemed to regulate this and prevent constipation, or so I thought.

I must have been in the naturally slow phase anyway, because when I had a flareup of the “fast” phase of the illness, I paid for it dearly, with extreme cramps and loose bowels. This was horrible. Even the fiber was not taking care of it, and I had to resort fo using over the counter anti-diarrheal drugs, which is something I hate to do, and won’t do unless it is necessary, because it seems to throw me into a vicious circle with the symptoms.

Eventually, I was able to get myself regulated again, but I had

stopped taking the hemp oil by that time. I felt it was not worth the extra money for such a small reduction in the cholesterol and obviously it was not so good for my irritable bowel syndrome as I had originally thought. I would recommend this product for someone who only needed moderate reduction of cholesterol, or who could not tolerate fish oil or flax.

It does work, but is not the miracle some made it out to be. I also would be very careful using this for irritable bowel syndrome. It may have effects you did not intend.

If you mostly have constipation as a symptom, it might be very useful, but if you, like me, alternate between the two extremes, just be aware that it may have unanticipated dramatic effects.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426071515680231/k2311a0726/7.26.11