U Natural Hydration Vitamin + Electrolyte Drink Tabs Cucumber Mint 16ct  » Health  »
  • I like to take a drink with me when I go for a walk, which is part of my exercise routine
  • Instead of the usual water, tea or juice drinks, I decided to look for something interesting that would be beneficial if I got overheated
  • I started out by keeping sports drinks in the car, but that got to be cumbersome, and since there were bottles of cold water available at the stand right beside where I my walking path was, I decided it would be better to buy one each day, but add something like a powdered drink mix to it
  • The carbonation was a little weak when added to sixteen pounces of water, but that was not a problem since I usually wanted to drink it quickly if thirsty, and more carbonation would be a hindrance to that
  • I would recommend this light, refreshing drink tab for anyone who needs the convenience of an always-portable drink, and a replacement for the standard boring sports drinks

• by reviewabit

I like to take a drink with me when I go for a walk, which is part of my exercise routine. Instead of the usual water, tea or juice drinks, I decided to look for something interesting that would be beneficial if I got overheated. I started out by keeping sports drinks in the car, but that got to be cumbersome, and since there were bottles of cold water available at the stand right beside where I my walking path was, I decided it would be better to buy one each day, but add something like a powdered drink mix to it. There were several products available, but I decided to pick the U Hydration electrolyte drink.

The cucumber mint flavor was so different than anything I had seen before, that it made me curious. The U tablets

are effervescent, and dissolve quickly in water. The taste was interesting and refreshing.

It did taste like cucumber and mint in equal parts. It was very light, and seemed to be cooling. It reminded me of the water that was always available at a day spa where I used to get pedicures.

They had a large pitcher of spring water and ice, with sliced cucumbers in it, which gave the water a delicate taste. They didn’t use mint, but it would have been a good idea. The two flavors do seem to compliment each other.

The carbonation was a little weak when added to sixteen pounces of water, but that was not a problem since I usually wanted to drink it quickly if thirsty, and more carbonation would be a hindrance to that. The serving only had six ...

• calories and no carbohydrates, and was sweetened with stevia, so it was perfect for me as a diabetic. Each serving contains 40 mg of vitamin C, a significant amount of various B vitamins, 20 mg of magnesium, 179 mg of sodium, 77mg of potassium, and 100 mg of choline.

The fact that the product comes in a small tube is very convenient, as you can take it along with you anywhere. It doesn’t melt in the heat or freeze in the cold, it is easily used in any type of bottled water, and certainly is just as healthy, if not more so, than any prepackaged sports drink. In my opinion, it has a more interesting variety of flavors as well.

Although the label does list both dextrose and sesame oil as an ingredient, I

believe they are just used to help the tablet consistency, since they do not seem to add either calories or carbohydrates. My blood sugar has never shown any reaction at all to the drink. I have tried taking a reading an hour after consuming it, and there is no change.

I love having these to take along when I am out– just as a drink option, even if I don’t need electrolytes. Water and diet drinks do get terribly boring, and that seems to be all that is available at some restaurants, so I am happy to have these along as back up. They are perfect for diabetics and dieters.

I would recommend this light, refreshing drink tab for anyone who needs the convenience of an always-portable drink, and a replacement for the standard boring sports drinks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426071515520231/k2311a0726/7.26.11