Who You Are by Jessie J Music Album
  • I then saw her perform her music video for Who You Are (the last song of the album) and I was really impressed by her vocals, through their ability and uniqueness
  • It may be me or just the fact Jessie has a British accent, but I thought she was a black singer at first
  • The background bass beats are a staple of almost all her songs which I don’t mind at all since I love percussion
  • I would highly recommend this album, especially as a summer album
  • You can blast your favourite songs on this album while you’re driving in your car and really enjoy yourself

• by wickeddude12

I first discovered Jessie J through her first single, Price Tag, on the Top 40 List. It was a very catchy tune with a simple message and an upbeat attitude which is perfect for a summer song. I then saw her perform her music video for Who You Are (the last song of the album) and I was really impressed by her vocals, through their ability and uniqueness.

It may be me

or just the fact Jessie has a British accent, but I thought she was a black singer at first. Her music is poppy, yet hip hoppy with lyrics that are sung somewhat like rap. The background bass beats are a staple of almost all her songs which I don’t mind at all since I love percussion.

Lyrics/message I really like the message Jessie communicates through her music. Though it may be ...

• cliched, her talent really helps her message stand out and enjoyable. She sings about virtues, enjoying life in the moment, and self-esteem. It is really uplifting when accompanied by her impressive vocals and pleasant chord progressions.

Jessie has a sense of humour in songs like “Do it like a dude” which has her singing about guys and mocking their habits.

All in all, Jessie J’s album is quite accessible with catchy beats and

tunes. Apparently she has been producing music for famous singers until she came out with her own album. Her debut album is very welcome that uncovers the character and the face behind the lyrics and voice of such a talented artist. I would highly recommend this album, especially as a summer album. You can blast your favourite songs on this album while you’re driving in your car and really enjoy yourself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1426071515380131/k2311a0726/7.26.11