Bruno Mars - Doo Wops & Hooligans
  • I think I am in love with a young man from hawaii with a guitar, a vintage quiff and a sweet serenade
  • I love him and his album, this album is positive it makes me as a woman feel good about myself, it makes me smile and it makes me wish more artists would go back to singing good old fashioned love songs and not what they would like to do with the scantilly clad lady dancing in da club
  • The album is easier too listen too and reaches a wider audience than other love jam artists such as D'angelo as obviously Bruno would be put in the box of an R&B singer but his songs have a more eclectic feel with strong influences from icons such as Buddy Holly, Frankie Valli and Roy Orbison shining through too make him a little less boring than present day R&B singers

• by CELESTINE

I think I am in love with a young man from hawaii with a guitar, a vintage quiff and a sweet serenade. I love him and his album, this album is positive it makes me as a woman feel good about myself, it makes me smile and it makes me wish more artists would go back to singing good old fashioned love songs and not what they would like to do with the scantilly clad lady dancing in ” da club”.

He created a sound and feeling with his

music which transends to all generations with everyone from your gran to your brother not being able to deny that he is good at what he does, and that is simple, easy to listen too songs which make you feel happy.

First single “Just the Way You are” was a massive hit from a before nearly unheard of artist and is a piece of modern genius leaving every lady wishing their other half would sing it to them, next single “Grenade” is another song that sets up Bruno as the ...

• modern day Cassanova and latest release “Lazy Song” has also been a massive hit.

This is album only has 10 tracks which isn’t alot but hes given quality over quantity as there are no “fillers” and all songs in there own right could be released as a single.

The album is easier too listen too and reaches a wider audience than other “love jam artists” such as D’angelo as obviously Bruno would be put in the box of an R&B singer but his songs have a more eclectic feel with strong

influences from icons such as Buddy Holly, Frankie Valli and Roy Orbison shining through too make him a little less boring than present day R&B singers.

Track 6 “Marry You” is set to be another modern classic and should be the next single and I’m sure will played at many a first dance for weddings.

To define the album I’d say good old fashioned love songs which make you want to sing along and I’m sure the singles will stand the test of time and we will be hearing them for many years too come.

Gavin John Appleton says :

re : The album is easier too listen too and reaches a wider audience than other love jam artists such as D’angelo as obviously Bruno would be put in the box of an R&B singer but his songs have a more eclectic feel with strong influences from icons such as Buddy Holly, Frankie Valli and Roy Orbison shining through too make him a little less boring than present day R&B singers
    Its a very nice lyric from the album which is similar to the album scenery

Gavin John Appleton says :

I also like the cover to the album reminds me of a cowboy film cover

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1426071515290131/k2311a0726/7.26.11