Fring VoIP  » Cellular services  »
  • However, I find that they have a few issues to solve before they can say that are the best, but it is one of the better VoIP service providers I have seen
  • Since I have an HTC phone, I decided to try out this feature
  • I guess you could consider this as a new way to hang out with your friends without leaving the comfort of your home
  • The problem with this feature is that it is a little bit unrealistic
  • I think that paying through Paypal is the safest way

• by MisterTickle

Fring is a free application that can be downloaded from the Android Market, here. It is free to download and to install. It earns money from you because you need to pay credits in order to use this VoIP service. It offers several payment options including credit card, Paypal, and bank wire. Fring claims that they are the best. However, I find that they have a few issues to solve before they can say that are the best, but it is one of the better VoIP service providers I have seen.

The call rate for reasonable at 0.2 cents per minute to call to most countries. There are a few exceptions where

rates can vary from 0.2 cents per minute up to 2 cents per minute. However, only three countries or so ask for the 2 cents per minute fee. For those that live and call in major developed countries such as United States, China, France, Germany, Canada, and so on, the rate is at 0.2 cents per minute. I find this very reasonable compared to a regular cell phone rate.

The call quality is something to worry about. I find that the Fring application requires an excellent connection. I tried calling where the reception is poor and I got a horrible call quality. I find that the call quality is better if using ...

• a 4 G HSPA network instead of 3G.

The reason I’m still sticking with Fring is because they are creative. They introduced a group conferencing so I can talk to four people at once. I am not only talking, but I can also see them. This only works if your phone has a front facing camera that supports video conferencing. Since I have an HTC phone, I decided to try out this feature. I have to say that this feature is pretty cool. I guess you could consider this as a new way to hang out with your friends without leaving the comfort of your home. The problem with this feature

is that it is a little bit unrealistic. I think Fring needs to work on improving their call quality instead of introducing more advanced features. To be honest this feature is cool to use, but very useless as I don’t use it often and I don’t get the opportunity to.

The last reason why I’m sticking with Fring is Paypal support. I don’t like how other VoIP services ask for your credit card information. I find it unsafe, especially if their system has been compromised. I think that paying through Paypal is the safest way. Paypal offers a credit card feature so I can use the Paypal method and use my credit card.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2225071515191131/k2311a0725/7.25.11