American Intercontinental University Online  » Education  »
  • I had a pretty good experience from the beginning
  • I like that the program is accelerated and that I will get my bachelor’s degree in two years
  • Another small problem that I have with AIU is that on a few occasions the professors cancel class or just don’t show up without even sending a courtesy email
  • This is a little frustrating, but I know that things come up
  • I would recommend this school to anyone looking to get a degree from home

• by adrean_j

I have recently enrolled at American Intercontinental University (AIU) online. I had been searching around for an accredited online school when a friend of mine told me that she was attending AIU and recommended it. I was a little skeptical at first, and did loads of research on the school to find out that they are regionally accredited and that they are backed by many national organizations and educational institutions. I want to become a CPA and enrolled in the Bachelor’s of Business Administration with a Specialization in Accounting. This degree plan offered more than the required credit hours to take the CPA exam and was recognized

by the CPA board here in Texas. I had a pretty good experience from the beginning. I set up a phone meeting with an admissions representative and received a call back within 24 hours. She asked a few questions to see if I would be a good fit and gave me access to application. The application was very simple and straightforward and it only required a short 10 sentence essay. The application fee was only 50 dollars, which is about the going rate.

After being accepted, I got instant access to the virtual campus. The admissions rep would call me twice a week until classes started. I did not like that she would call so often, because I felt there was not much to talk about. I however, do think this is good for those people who need extra help learning how to navigate through the campus. I like that the program is accelerated and that I will get my bachelor’s degree in two years. I also like that the virtual campus has everything you need, much like their home campuses. There is a virtual library, tutors, presentations, how to guides, learning labs, and a few more features. I also like that the campus offers additional third party resources as part of the tuition ...

• American Intercontinental University Online
      that can help build skills in math, writing, and reading. The things I don’t like are that the tuition is about $50,000, which means loans and interest. I also do not like the fact that after paying this type of tuition, I do not even receive hard copies of the books. The books are e-books, which can only be accessed with student name and password, meaning they will only be accessible as long as I am a student.

AIU online is a sufficient online school and I feel that I am learning a lot. The staff seems to be professional and friendly, and I have not had

any issues with anyone. I also like that you don’t only do assignments, but also discussion boards, where students get to interact and talk about the assignment. They help you through each step of the process and I never felt stuck or alone. Another small problem that I have with AIU is that on a few occasions the professors cancel class or just don’t show up without even sending a courtesy email. This is a little frustrating, but I know that things come up. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to get a degree from home. It is fast paced and takes dedication, but there is more than enough support.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5025071515051131/k2311a0725/7.25.11